• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Overeating at Thanksgiving

Sophia

Registered Member
We all do it don't we? The only thing that really saves me is that I am the cook and after preparing all that food for 3 days I don't want to eat a bite. Bleah!! It's the leftovers that get me. One of these days, I'm going to send out for Chinese. LOL! How do you prevent overeating on Thanksgiving?

Carmelita

Registered Member
I agree with you, Sophia. After I cook for three days, I really don't want to eat anything. I will pick at a plate while everyone else eats, but overdoing it is just out of the question.

MiketheGrinder

Registered Member
I'm having Thanksgiving dinner at the in-laws and just want to say that I greatly appreciate all the hard work that goes into creating that delicious feast. I'm looking forward to some mouthwatering turkey, sweet potato pie, cheesy hash browns, and buttery rolls. My in-laws always make a ton of extras. I plan to eat healthier after Christmas.

Interis

Registered Member
I plan to eat healthier after Christmas.
Shouldn't you extend it to New Year?

I agree that the cooks seem so tired of food, but honestly, I am really happy. I spend 11 months worrying about what I eat, so I think we all can get a pass for this holiday season. If necessary, one can step up his workout plans so he can burn more to eat more.

Sophia

Registered Member
I see we are all on the same page here pretty much. I look forward to the time I don't have to do this anymore. I do it now because it's my husband's favorite holiday and he does help where he can. I wonder if I 'll miss cooking all this food.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't have to cook this year, which I am happy about. Having Thanksgiving dinner at the nursing home with my husband and son. If its like their other food, cold half the time, I won't have to worry about overeating.

I'm getting where I don't even like Turkey.

Keri35

Registered Member
Turkey is my favorite meal. I always overeat, it's something that I just have to live with. I make sure that I hit the treadmill for longer periods of time during the holidays.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I live paycheque to paycheque, eating pasta, KD, etc haha. So thanksgiving dinner at the family is awesome because I overeat like crazy and don't have to cook food at home for a couple days haha.