Overdose

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by Iris, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I had an idea that maybe everyone could talk about overdosing. I had a friend that did, and I am interested to know more about it. In my opinion, I think it's selfish. I was really sad when I heard that my friend did, luckily, she didn't die. So what does everyone else think?

2. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Was the overdose a failed attempt at suicide or was it an accident? Knowing this will make it easier to discuss the real problem.

Hoosier.

3. I am confused, what drug exactly are you talking about ODing on for that matter?

4. Far too many variables to discuss this topic in general terms.

5. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Not all overdosing is going to be on purpose... if it's an accident, that isn't a particularly selfish thing. In any case, more details needed before this can really be discussed...

6. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

Himeko Kurusugawa: Having never used drugs I am probably not much of an authority on their abuse (overdosing) but in terms of your thoughts on the selfishness of the act you are probably right. Further, those that consider suicide should probably turn their attention to God who offers promise and salvation. Many have been saved from their despair by God's hand and the friendly peace of Jesus Christ.

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

It was a failed attempt and she tried to do it on Bayer. Also, InTheNet, not many of my friends believe in god. Sorry, but even if I was going to do it, I wouldn't turn to him.

Sorry for taking so long to post. I didn't know people were posting here. ^^;

Piccolo, I am not trying to OD. >.<

8. IntheNet

IntheNet Guest

Perhaps that is the reason they are considering suicide?

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

*Shakes head.* Only one of them has. But most of them don't believe in god. I wish it were that simple.

10. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Himeko:

Have you read what's been written in the suicide thread here? A lot of your answers can be found there. Suicide is an irrational act committed by an irrational person. They feel trapped and are sure there is no other solution. I believe it's unfair to consider it a selfish act as individuals who attempt suicide have lost all sense of self. They get a tunnel vision and are unable to think of others or the potential pain their act will cause them. Don't take it personal. What your friend needs right now is your undying love and support.

Hoosier.