Ovechkin or Malkin

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Personally I believe these are the two best players in the NHL. You can make an argument for Crosby, but I still rather have one of these two players than Crosby.

In your opinion, who do you believe is the best player in the NHL?

Please explain your answer.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Honestly I dont think you could go wrong with either one but I've always liked Evgeni Malkin more. I think overall he's the more complete player.

It's hard to argue one over the other because the statistics are so close.

3. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

I am a Pens fan so I have to go with Evgeni Malkin who had 2 goals and 2 helpers in last nights game.

Crosby is getting points mostly for assists as goals are hard to come by for him as of late.

4. Babe_Ruth

I personally think Ovechkin is better from the two. He definitely the best goal scorer in the league. I think he's more physical than Crosby and Malkin. He might not get as many assists has Crosby and Malkin does, but thats because Ovechkin doesn't play with a player like Crosby.

If I would have to take one player to start a hockey team it would be Ovechkin.

5. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

Ovechkin for sure. he does it all. offense and defense and he's got the heart for this game. Malkin still needs to show heart. Crosby...pfft...its a job to him, just give him his tv time and he's happy.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Ovechkin, simply because he's the whole package.

Malkin... I dont want to take any credit away from is also a damn good player and so is Crosby. But I look at the situation like this, Ovechkin came to the Caps while they were down and out. Nobody could name anyone that played in Washington prior to Ovechkin joining them, maybe Jeff Halpern and Olaf Kolzig but even still... it was no Penguins. He had bare bones to work with and now that team is soaring... they are a threat... a contender... definitely a team you dont want to play.

Pittsburgh had some talent, they've always had Lemeiux in some form or fashion and they've got talen up the wazoo on their roster now. So to see Malkin soar... I cant help but wonder how he'd do on a Roster that didnt have the likes of Crosby, Staal, Satan, and Gonchar accenting his abilities.

So for the simple reason of Ovechkin being able to take a whole team on his back and turn them into what they are now... its a no brainer for me.

7. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

Well Bizzy, I know I don't need to tell you my answer, but for everyone else. Ovechkin is definitely my man. As it has already been said, he is a top scorer and such a complete package. You just can't go wrong with him

8. Babe_Ruth

Personally I believe Malkin can carry his own team. He showed it last year that when Crosby went down that he was able to carry a team. He played even better when Crosby got injured.

But I agree with what was said, Ovechkin is definitely the total package.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I say lets put that to the test... get ahold of Penguins front office and lets have him traded to a team that he can prove that theory on.. say maybe the uh... uhh.... how 'bout the Blue Jackets :eyebrow:

Malkin did show he didnt need Crosby on that run, and to be honest I had forgot about it. None the less, Malkin vs. Ovechkin... I'm still dont think that Malkin has the same human element to make a team as profitable as Ovechkin has. Yeah he may have the skills to be a top scorer, but I picture him almost equivelant to Patrick Marleau in that sense. The silent hero... he'll show up every night and be the hero but thats about all you'll get out of him. Ovechkin.. he'll show up everynight, be the hero and then be the Character after the game.

Turbo likes this.
  10. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

When all the talk of who is better; Crosby or Ovechkin was going on, I was firmly on Crosby's side. Then I began to watch Ovie, and he is by far the best player in hockey. He is amazing. Malkin is great too, but no one is on Ovechkin's level. The top three players in the NHL right now are - Ovechkin, Malkin and Thornton.