Movies Outtakes & Bloopers

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
So. Outtakes and bloopers. Do you watch them? How important are they to you?

To me, outtakes are the singular most funny part of a comedy film. I always think that if a comedy film doesn't have any outtakes, it isn't a real comedy. To me, the bloopers show that the actors actually had fun and laughed during the making of the film. I always, always look for the bloopers after watching a film, and honestly, I actually laugh more at those than the film itself because true laughter is so much better to watch. :dunno: I've seen a number of films which didn't show any, or showed backstage filming of the crews which seemed way too serious, so in my mind, that kinda ruins the whole point of a funny film.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I always stay in my movie theater seat until the credits are ended and the lights go up. A hearty butt slap to all the directors and producers who make that habit worth my while by favoring the audience with foul-ups, bleeps, and blunders.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I love watching the outtakes they can be the best bit sometimes, my favourites to watch are the out takes of any jackie chan film as you see both the funny mistakes and more serious ones made during fight scenes abs stunts.

I wish more films would include the outtakes at the end.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I love watching the bloopers and outtakes as well. One of the best ones is from the Rush Hour movie, when their in the plane and Chris Tucker keeps calling him Jackie instead of his name in the movie.

Not all of them are funny, but most of them are.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Honestly I wish more movies and shows put outtakes and bloopers either at the end or as an extra on the DVD/Blu-Ray. A lot of movies will show the making of the movie but most will skimp on the bloopers. I liked how Rush Hour 2 had bloopers at the end. I also liked how Home Improvement made it a staple of the show to roll the blooper reel for each episode during the credits at the end.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I like to watch them, in some movies it is the best part. If they play straight away at the end of the movie along with the credits then i'll always wait a little longer and watch them, but if they are an extra options I don't often remember.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I love watching bloopers! I actually like them best on horror movies, but they rarely put any. They are quite often my favorite part of movies. Dont bother me with interviews and such nonsense. Show me celebs are humans and mess up. I get a good laugh out of normal people making silly mistakes so even better with actors.

Cyberleader

Registered Member
I like bloopers and outtakes. Even B&Os from anime are great too, but voice actor blooper reels are rare. I think I have only two, on two intial D DVDs.
I watched the bloopers for the Doctor Who story 'Delta and The Bannermen' recently. Gold.

I love watching the outtakes they can be the best bit sometimes, my favourites to watch are the out takes of any jackie chan film as you see both the funny mistakes and more serious ones made during fight scenes and stunts.
Jackie Chan outtakes are my favourite too. I love the ones where he can't get the English right, but yeah, the stunt type are good as well.

Another actor's outtakes that I love are Peter Sellers'.

I don't think it takes anything away from a movie if it doesn't have bloopers, but it's nice to be reminded that actors are real people too.