Outrage!!!

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Get this. the IOC has decieded to pull Baseball and Softball from the 2012 Summer Games. To replace it with golf, rugby, squash, karate or roller sports!!

I could understand Karate, but all those other sports are just lame. Who the hell is going to watch rugby in the US? Who is going to watch Golf outside the US? squash... WTF is that? roller sports!! what are they smoking?

Baseball has become a world wide sport, and Softball gained in popularity in the last few Olympics.

Nanner

Registered Member
Since I pretty much only watch the Olympics for skating or gymnastics I guess I don't feel the outrage......BUT.....I do agree that base/softball is very popular all over the world.....even I know that!

As for golf......errr scotland? UK? France? etc

Squash is a vegetable that is nice and nummy in the fall....mix it with a bunch of butter and mmmmmmmmm good! :D

TGirl

Registered Member
Hahahaha squash hahah BAhahahahaah yeah what nanner said...cuz I don't know what that is...obviously its not a US sport!!! hahahahah Then again what do I know.....I love baseball and Softball...but only to watch it in person...not into the TV sports that much!

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That's unfair. Is it just for 2012? If I get roller sports right, I think they should have team X which would include Tony Hawk and other professional skaters. I think the U.S team would have an unfair advantage at rugby since they don't play it here. They have been playing those sports ever since so why change the rules now? I wouldnt be surprise if they added musical chairs. I think the ratings will not be too good for 2012.

dize

Registered Member
I thought I heard that but I was asleep so I though I was dreaming. That is crazy. I love watching the women's softball. Are they on crack?

I'm sure they had a valid reason for doing it? To each his own, I only watch the running events, so pulling baseball/softball is no biggy to me personally, but sorry to those it did effect, because I know how I would feel if they pulled my fav events!

dize

Registered Member
angelspeak said:
I'm sure they had a valid reason for doing it? To each his own, I only watch the running events, so pulling baseball/softball is no biggy to me personally, but sorry to those it did effect, because I know how I would feel if they pulled my fav events!
I am into track & field & gymnastics. But as a former NYer living very close to Yankee stadium, Baseball is sorta in my blood. I just appreciated the comradery of the women's softball team. It will be missed in the sportmenship of the Olympic games.

dize said:
I am into track & field & gymnastics. But as a former NYer living very close to Yankee stadium, Baseball is sorta in my blood. I just appreciated the comradery of the women's softball team. It will be missed in the sportmenship of the Olympic games.
Yes, we as american's associate baseball as the "all american past-time", but the Olympics are a world wide sport so they need to be all inclusive when choosing what will or will not be a featured sport.
And I know you guys know what squash is...haven't any of you ever played it???? It requires just as much skill as hitting a ball with a bat and catching it.

dize

Registered Member
angelspeak said:
Yes, we as american's associate baseball as the "all american past-time", but the Olympics are a world wide sport so they need to be all inclusive when choosing what will or will not be a featured sport.
And I know you guys know what squash is...haven't any of you ever played it???? It requires just as much skill as hitting a ball with a bat and catching it.
Oh yes I know squash. I sucked at it in school...LOLOL