Outlook Express problem, pls help......

Hi everyone,

Every time i log in and use my computer (WinXP) there is an an Outlook express windows pop up for about every 10 seconds and disappear itself after two seconds. it's say "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact message. This may take up to few minute".

It's very annoying. Anyone know what the problem is? How to fix???? please help......... I don't want it to pop up.

Waiting your reply.........:(

I got that message and It can't hurt to compact messages so I just clicked on OK and I never got that message again.

I do not know why it pops up as I had my computer quite sometime before I got that annoying pop up .:confused:

Last edited:
Hi ATARIGUY,

Thanks for your reply. After clicked on to OK, it will pop up again.....very annoying....:(:(:(:(:(
------
Hi ATARIGUY,

Thanks for your reply. After clicked on to OK, it still pop up again.....very annoying....:(:(:(:(:([/quote]

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Every time i log in and use my computer (WinXP) there is an an Outlook express windows pop up for about every 10 seconds and disappear itself after two seconds. it's say "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact message. This may take up to few minute".

It's very annoying. Anyone know what the problem is? How to fix???? please help......... I don't want it to pop up.

Waiting your reply.........:(
Hi longdy
Are you running on XP Service Pack 3?

If I remember correctly I had to click OK a second time to stop the pop up

I GOOGLED "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact message. This may take up to few minutes message"

And it appears thats tons of people are getting the same message and after clicking OK the second time message seems to have disappeared.

Hope this helps :cool:

Last edited:
Hi Philobusta,

yes, I am using Windows XP service pack3. do you know how to fix it please help???:(
Hi longdy.
Still haven't found a solution but according to Microsoft this feature was implemented in Service pack 3. According to them, it is not compressing as such but clearing up of deleted messages.
I'm currently trying to see if there is an option within Outlook Express ti disable this feature.

Will keep you posted.
Phil

Imo, the entire "balloon- tips" daemon is broken.Tried figuring out why my network- status didn't just, you know, notify me - but had to be clicked away, typically more than once. Turns out the driver for the network uses a different version of a dll - some system stack from waaaay back... in november. And that means the SP2 dlls being installed over new- year breaks the time- out functionality for the old pop- ups. New system- popups like the "take this fucking tour" balloon now works beautifully - but everything else has to be manually pushed back..

*sigh*.

MS is doing away with OE as I understood the email I received. Windows Live Mail is their new free program and is better because you can block senders on any email program - including hotmail and gmail.