Outdoor activities during winter

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by ysabel, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Do you like outdoor activities during winter? Have you done or planned anything special this season?

This coming weekend is officially winter vacation for schools here and a lot of my friends are planning to go on a skiing trip (here or in nearby cold countries). I usually just like to stay indoors. I don't even know how to ski or ice skate. Never tried. I'm really not into outdoor winter activities. In fact I wish days would be faster so Spring would come sooner.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I love being outdoors in winter, but not doing sports unfortunately :laugh:
    I can't ice skate to save my life and skiing etc doesn't really appeal to me either. I went once when I was younger but gave up after about 10 minutes lol.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Skiing and snowboarding sound too boring to me. I love snowmobiling and ATV rides though. I haven't done either in a year at least, they're too fun to pass up!

4. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I like to go Mountain Boarding in the fall and winter, i also do alot of trail hiking and biking in the fall and winter too.

5. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

It's really too cold out in winter here for any outdoor activities to be very appealing to me, BUT I make it a point to go sledding at least once a year, usually around Christmas. It usually starts out as sledding anyways, then turns into bumper sleds, followed by snow wrestling :lol:

ysabel likes this.
  6. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't do very many outdoors activities during winter, but once in a while it's fun to do a little hike. Everything is so quiet and peaceful when there's fresh snow.

If I lived near mountains I'd get into skiing and winter mountaineering.

7. Zachary

Zachary ,,l,, //_- ,,l,,

snow mo bealing
    snowboarding
    and paint ball are all fun. sadly havent done any for a couple of years and wont again this 1. other than that im a "house pet" during winter.

8. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Lucky bastards! I've never seen real snow before. What do you people do during winter then?

9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Winter is evil and there will be no sports on my part being had out there. I stay as warm as possible and avoid it all. However, I wouldn't mind iceskating on an inside rink sometime lol

10. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well it's snowing pretty bad here at the moment. The only activities I'll be doing is maybe a little sledging and snowball fighting!!

I'm lousy at skiing and boarding, I like to leave it to the pro's.