Out of Your League?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
You've heard the phrase "out of your league" before when referring to dating and relationships.

Do you ask people out that you feel are out of your league? Why or why not?

Also, how do you determine your league in the first place?

To be honest, I never thought I had a league. I mean I just go for the people that either are cute to me or are people I get a long with. I don't care if I'm 350 lbs and pimply or if I'm Brad Pitt, I go for what makes me happy.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
I have, and I did. Basically "out of your league" is when us "regular" folk approach a knock out. Someone pretty much everyone finds attractive. And the way I see it, why not? The best way not to get something you want, is to sit on your hands and not try to get it yourself.

LittleGlassVial

Registered Member
"Out of your league" is such an egomanical way of looking at relationships for me. I really don't think that there is a single person better or worst than me. Just different. It's really a matter of my personal tastes, and what I look for in a person. If I am interested in someone, I get to know them, and then if my interest continues to grow, I ask them out. In that way, I'm very picky. I don't ask someone out before I know them.

How exactly would someone define someone else as "out of their league" anyway? It doesn't make too much sense to me.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
When I'm drunk and full of confidence then I consider nobody to be out of my league but once I regain my senses I realise who I can hit on and who is out of reach.

I do ask girls out who are out of my league as I believe in the fact that I have nothing to lose.

I judge my league standing by my looks, personality and the social crowd I'm in.

Yes, seeing as most of the country seems to be out of my league! I don't feel there's any point not trying. You either score and have a good time, or you don't and move on!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am just like EEB when I am drunk I am full of confidence and I'll talk to any girls. If they reject me then I'll move to another one. If I am emberass myself I don't really care because the odds of seeing those girls again are so slim.

But I'm sober I am bit a more shy, but I'll go up and talk to them either way.

I've never really been in the situation where I've had to decide whether someone was in my 'league' or not before approaching them. :lol: Since I usually don't talk to people first unless I'm drunk. I don't really think about that at all to be honest. You can't deny there's some sort of social hierarchy, and if I see a really ugly person with an amazingly good looking person then I'm not going to lie, I'd be thinking something along the lines of "WOW that person must have a good personality :lol:" but in general, 'leagues' are pretty bullshit.

Funk

Registered Member
As soon as you are old enough to date, you are assigned a League. It comes with an identification card and a nice bumper sticker. Attempting to copulate with somebody out of your league results in hefty fines and demerits on your dating license. Tread carefully.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I've dated girls out of my league, I am not the shyest guy on the earth, if I like a girl, I'll tell her that I like her.