Other uses for GF Chips??

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by myGUNgoesPewPew, Aug 23, 2009.

1. myGUNgoesPewPew

myGUNgoesPewPew Registered Member

Would it be possible to do other things with GF chips or add a currency option to the forums??

Just a thought since ive seen websites with a currency option and every time you post you get money....(not real money, just a currency on the forum) and with that money you could get a name change or buy things (in this case, GF chips??)

What do you guys think of this?

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I think we once had another use for them, like buying a signature from the GFX board or something... I dunno, I think everybody is so nice they do it for free. =P

^ I could be confused here, I had that happen some place else I'm just not sure where... :\

OH WAIT, you can buy a pet. Yeah, now I remember. Go to 'Community' > 'GF Pets System' and you can get one. I left mine for awhile and it died... Poor Mog. Poor 6,ooo+ I spent on it. =(

Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
  3. myGUNgoesPewPew

maybe thats only a premium user option?? Because i dont have that. But (for example) theres a website called d2jsp.org that is like a gaming / trading board.

Ex:

World of Warcraft:
    You want to sell materials or gold. Go to d2jsp.com and sell your materials or WoW gold for forum gold. Then you can use the forum gold to buy actual games, materials in games, armor in games, ect.

i am NOT saying we should exactly do that but, a feature for a forum gold equivilant would be cool to have.

4. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I think it'd be cool if we could have more profile options or something. Like, an animated avatar or something.

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, the pets is a premium option, and I think the animated avatar is a VIP option.

Do you not like playing poker, or do you just not like playing hold em? I would love to have some other card game in the poker section besides hold em. Blackjack would be awesome. Well, anything but hold em would be awesome.

6. myGUNgoesPewPew

I love both of those games, problem is....im no good at them. Its like "Hey i can play, but i know im just gunna lose in the end......" Im not saying we should add more games, i guess just more user options. like things i listed above:

1) Username changes
    2) Username color/style (bold, italic, color outline on usernames, ect)

just thoughts.....im sure they will expand as time moves on.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It would definitely be cool to have a GF Store where chips can be used to buy profile decorations or stuff like gifts like on FC.

8. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I don't like card games (except for solitaire). I have no idea how to play, nor the time to sit and play. So the current use for the chips is of no use to me.

9. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

lawl, if I had a quarter for every time a thread with this theme was made, lmao I'd have at least 2 dollars of my own money in the pile :hah:

I do agree that there are some interesting concepts out there. We'd even comprised a pretty solid list of possible things to do. Alot of them are extremely complex for Hybrix to code himself or are expensive to just buy.

There are also issues with getting chips in other fashions, ie: buying them. Because of the tie in with online gambling and the need for certain licenses or something in order to make that legal. So without having an attorney or someone extremely knowledgeable about those particular Online Gambling laws, He's been real cautious about pushing those sorts of ideas that result in turning chips in for anything worth a monetary value.

I'll do some digging for my last thread that had some awesome Chip ideas in it. Some of them were like Prank ideas, swap someone elses avatar for X amount of chips, Bigger Avatars for X amount of chips over Y amount of Time,etc etc.

10. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

That's why I just suggested more gaming than just hold em...if we can play hold em, surely we could play other card games. Or maybe even roulette or craps or something.