• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Other Forums

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I've tried to join a few other forums after I joined GF, and I found that it was too familiar here and I didn't like trying to get to know other people and the feel of a new forum.

But I've mostly still stayed at the forum where ysabel and I met, because it's such a small group of women who know each other so well.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I was a member of as many as 12 forums 1/2 of which were retail forums but sadly only one is left but I am on a 8 other forums, 1 classic rock forum, 2 hockey forums, 1 retail forum, 2 atari forums and 2 misc. forums kinda like this one.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I've been a member of a few. The one I started out on was on the ABC message boards. I would post in TV shows like Alias, Lost, and Desperate Housewives. I frequented those boards the most. It was definitely a lot more lax in moderating, that's for sure (and not in a good way). I got banned so many times and all you had to do was just make a new sign on name. Either they didn't care if you made a new identity, or they had no way of telling that you made a new one. I used to sign on to various screen names, depending on who I wanted to be that day. It was usually variations of my name, and I put them on like clothes to express myself. lol

I am currently on another forum, but it's literature related. There is usually too many threads on there to keep up, and it seems like everyone knows everybody and I just don't have the time to post regular enough to get to know everyone. However that forum has a lot of uses to me, seeing as how the literature section on here doesn't hop very much (trying to improve that with the book club).

But GF will always be my home. I love so many people on here and have made tremendous friends.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I met Pam on one of those ABC boards and I agree, the moderating was horrible. Over the years I've been a member of other forums but I don't go there very frequently. In fact I signed into one of them recently and I hadn't been on there in about a year. GF has always been my home.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
There was time I had several forums (and moderating two of them). I must really have had a lot of time. :hah: I'm only active on GF right now but then some of the old forums have moved to FB which made it easier to manage multiple group discussions.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I go to other forums, but mostly to read up on stuff and improve my sports knowledge. They're much more popular forums, and they know a lot about the history of sports and I always go there to learn new things. But, I spend most of my time at GeneralForum.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I've been to numerous forums but I've only ever gone over a thousand posts twice being here and Pojo although I haven't been there forever.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I somehow forgot about various forums I was on for various TCGs. Which is odd, considering how much time I spent and posts I made on some of those

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I came from another forum that BR recruited me from...its an all sports forum for the most part and I have a shit ton of posts over there.

I still go back from time to time but not nearly as much as I used too.

GF 4 Life.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Before he recruited me to GF, Millz recruited me to that other board he mentioned. I usually don't have time to post there but will occasionally pop in to discuss St. Louis sports.

I'm technically a member of an old-school Dungeons & Dragons forum, but I never remember to go there and have like 2 posts from 5 years ago.

GF gets my full attention.