Movies OSCARS: Should there be a 'Best Comedy' Award?

OSCARS: Should there be a 'Best Comedy' Award?

• No, and here's why...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carrey sucks! That's all there is to it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

agphoenix

Everything goes.
Maybe even a 'Best Comedian' for the year. I think they get ripped for not getting recognized.

Jim Carrey in 'The Truman Show' or 'Man on the Movie' would have been good contestants imo.

I like polls, although I'm quite sure I know the result! But your opinions would be fun. Because both the movies I've mentioned could also be in the 'Best Movie' category and 'Best Actor' categories.

*public poll* *multiple answers*

Wade8813

Registered Member
I think there should be a best comedy. And I think The Dark Knight should win it. In fact, it should win even though it's not a category.

Best Actor: Christian Bale
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger (honorable mention to Aaron Eckhart)
Best Director: Christian Nolan
Best Screenplay: The Dark Knight
Best Documentary: The Dark Knight
Best Picture: The Dark Knight
Best Cinematography: The Dark Knight
Best Film editing: The Dark Knight
Best Foreign Language Film: The Dark Knight
Best Makeup: The Dark Knight
Best Score (Musical or Comedy): The Dark Knight
Best Score (Dramatic): The Dark Knight
etc

And someone in the audience says "Wait, The Dark Knight wasn't a Foreign Language Film, was it"? And everyone turns and laughs at him or her for not seeing The Dark Knight.

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
Off the drugs now Wade!
Drugs? Have you even seen the movie? They spoke a foreign language a little when Batman went to Hong Kong. There were a lot of funny moments. Joker's makeup worked perfectly.

The only one I can't figure out is how to explain that it was the best documentary :lol:

BTW, Robin Williams > Jim Carrey (although Carrey's good)

Last edited:

agphoenix

Everything goes.
...The only one I can't figure out is how to explain that it was the best documentary :lol:
:lol:
Wade:...'Best Cinematography'? I actually, literally thought while watching the movie that it was done poorly. Seriously, I did.

...BTW, Robin Williams > Jim Carrey (although Carrey's good)
Hands down yes. Although Williams can't pull off dramatic movies like Carrey [surprisingly enough] can.

And Angels..I aaah...was checking to see ifff...anyone noticed it actually. So yay..you win! :D

agphoenix

Everything goes.
You realise you just called me Angels, right?
Oh F'in aye! Well, it's sort of like...well your avatars are...:duh:

Someone have mercy on me. It's just the avatars......Someone jump in and help. Please.

I shall go gnaw on every painful part of my manhood until my ears bleed.

AND I have to apologize to AngelsPeak because this is NOT an insult. It's a complement. Yes yes..
:cry:

Wade8813

Registered Member
:lol:
Wade:...'Best Cinematography'? I actually, literally thought while watching the movie that it was done poorly. Seriously, I did.

Hands down yes. Although Williams can't pull off dramatic movies like Carrey [surprisingly enough] can.

And Angels..I aaah...was checking to see ifff...anyone noticed it actually. So yay..you win! :D
Not exactly your best post, eh?

You thought TDK had poor cinematography? Yeesh. You may be beyond hope :rolleyes:.

Last edited: