• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Orton has legit concussion, status in doubt

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
My friend told me about this yesterday. The WWE have to be careful with Orton. Concussions are serious and if he's not able to compete then they shouldn't force him to do so. They have to think long term right now, and not short term. I personally believe that he'll wrestle this Sunday, but I wouldn't be surprised if Christian ended up winning the title. I don't see Orton taking any major bumps in that match, if he does wrestle.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
There hasn't been any update on this so I assume WWE is going to wait it out to the last minute to decide.

I don't want Orton in there if he's not healthy. Concussions are a serious issue in the sports world these days.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree that the WWE should play it safe with The Viper. I wish him a speedy recovery for sure...this sucks. I was definitely looking forward to his match with Christian at the PPV Sunday.

I do think that Christian was going to win either way, but if they have him presented with the belt by forfeit it would do wonders for his heel status.

Anyway, Orton is one of my favorite wrestlers and I'm really hoping that this is treated well and isn't too serious.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
We have good news on the Randy Orton wrestling at Capitol Punishment front...

Looks like he's clear to go! And thank God for that since that match should be the best one on the card...

-- Randy Orton stated on Twitter that he passed the 'Impact test' he underwent on Friday. Therefore, he is cleared to wrestle Christian at tomorrow night's Capitol Punishment pay-per-view event.
Got this at rajah.com

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
That's great to hear! My hopes for a show-stealing match are back on again, these guys definitely are able to do that when both are healthy. And with Christian as a heel, there's a new dynamic involved.

I still get a little nervous about guys wrestling after close calls like this, so I'm hoping The Viper is ok and doesn't have any opportunity to aggravate the injury once again...but if the impact testing said he's good, I'm more confident that if he just came back from a torn something or other.

Ziggy

Sup?
Concussions aren't something to be messed with. So I'm hoping he is actually alright. I'm thinking Christian has the ability to wrestle a match with him without injuring him.

Thank fuck he's not facing Batista or something.