• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Orianthi

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm sure a lot of you won't have even heard of her, but this girl is an amazing guitarist. She was actually picked to be Michael Jackson's lead guitarist for the This is it tour. Carlos Santana got her up to jam with him at one of his shows. She's done an awesome duo with Steve Vai, and although the music from her albums is a little poppy for my taste, the guitar solos kinda make up for that.

Here are a couple videos

YouTube - Orianthi - Highly Strung ft. Steve Vai

YouTube - Orianthi~Suffocated HD

YouTube - Orianthi - According To You

So, discuss!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Haven't heard of her? "According to You" was all over the goddamn radio :lol:

She is an awesome guitarist, but she's also a pop singer. It's kind of an unfortunate combination.

Impact

V.I.P.
Yeah, it really is a shame about the pop part. She could do amazing things for rock and metal.

Well, I hadn't heard that song before but then again, I don't really listen to the radio.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Yeah she was all over the radio for a few months with that song and her CD was advertised on TV for some time. To be honest, I want to see her do a duet with someone, perhaps Santana or another great. I mean, Santana himself said he thinks she's the best candidate to replace him as one of the world's best and that's an insane honor.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
She cannot sing live. at all. I think she came on a late night show one time and it was just...not good. Kudos to the guitarwork, but man, the voice is better left in the studio.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I think I may have heard According to You before. It seems vaguely familiar. That one was ok. I had to completely turn off Suffocated. It made me want to vomit blood.

Guitar work on the first video is awesome, though.