Organ donations/what you going to do with your corpse?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazmarov, Jan 6, 2007.

?

What do you want your body used for?

1. I want to donate all my organs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I want to donate major organs, but not skin and eyes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I want to donate my body to a medical school as a cadever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I want to be cremated

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I want to be buried

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I got my offical license today (not the paper one, the one with the picture and all that) and I noticed a portion about whether or not I wanted to donate my organs when I die. It got me thinking: what do YOU want to do with your body when you die? You can donate the organs, or donate it to a medical school. I want to donate my organs to help other people, as I don't think putting my corporeal shell in a box under the ground really helps anyone, especially given my existentalist views. You can even donate things like eyes and skin.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Same, I would donate my organs to the people that really need them, any organs. And hell, I wouldn't want to donate it to the Medical School so they can play around with it and making fun outta of it.

3. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Medical schools need human cadevers for educational purposes. How can you learn even basic surgery without seeing and participating in dissections?

4. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Knowing that Medical Schools need cadavers for reasearch doesn't mean he has to want to have his body dissected for that purpose. There's no wrong answer here.

Hoosier

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I want to donate all of organs to someone. I just hope my liver doesn't go to a drunk...

6. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

All they can have is my liver and anus. I'm keeping the rest!

7. Kyo_Muramasa

Kyo_Muramasa Nefarious Kaizoku Capt'n

Hmm...I'll be buried 6 feet under as an empty shell, oh what a nice mental picture that is T_T

But I might donate my organs though, ever since my stepdad came over and had a little heart on his license and he told me "When I'm dead, what use am I going to have of my organs?" It's really got me thinking about it. I use to think that when I die I wanna be left intact with everything inside of me, but now, I'm not sure what I what exactly >>;

8. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I want to be cremated, and I want my ashes thrown to the wind or something. I'd rather not sit on someones's fireplace and give them a pang of sadness everythime they see me.

9. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

When i filled out the form for my provisional license there was a little box that said 'In the even of your death which organs (if any) would you like to donate?' (or something along those lines) So i ticked 'yes' and 'all my organs'. So when i get my proper license i'll be a registered doner ^_^

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Pugz reminded me about my permit. When I got it I was asked if I wanted to donate my organs. So I said yes and had to fill out this huge form. But I think it's worth it if my heart is used to save a little from leaving his mom. <3