Oregon destroys USC

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by BigBob, Oct 31, 2009.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I wasn't expecting this big of a win for Oregon. I expected them to win by like.. a late field goal or something.. not 41-20 going into the 4th.

So far, Oregon running back James has racked up 170 yards, while quarterback Masoli has 100+ himself on the ground and 170+ in the air.

300+ yards given up so far on the ground.

2. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Damn it. I really suck at the 'Streak For Cash' game on ESPN. I picked USC. But then again, I know nothing about college football, so it serves me right.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Unbelievable...that's going to destroy the USC Trojans National Championship dreams. I don't feel sorry for them, lol.

4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

I've been hoping for the past couple weeks that they would lose. They don't deserve to be ranked 5th in the Nation. The only reason they were was because they are USC. Guaranteed they don't fall out of the Top 12 in the next rankings.

The Ducks ended up with 392 rushing yards and 221 passing.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Over 40 points and 600 yards against one of the top defenses. Wow. Definitely didn't expect the Ducks to win like that. Hopefully they'll go on to win the Pac-10, but their last four games are pretty tough.

6. Jeru

Jeru Registered Member

Honestly I'm not that surprised. USC is rebuilding, and, while talented, they are not dominant. The Oregon State and ND games showed that. Oregon is simply the better team. They're an offensive powerhouse. USCs defense forgot to show up and Oregon has been on fire for the past 5 weeks, steamrollering everyone in their path. The only reason USC was ever ranked above Oregon or favored to win this game was because of the USC name - NOT performance of these two teams. On top of it, Oregon was at home, so USC really had no business being favored -- the only surprise is the huge margin of victory.