Optimism vs. Pessimism

Twitch

Registered Member
Are you usually optimistic, or pessimistic?

I feel like I'm right in the middle. I'm optomistic, then I become a little pessimistic just to keep myself in check, make sure I don't have my head in the clouds.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm a balance really. Some days I can be a total pessimist about life but others, I'm seeing the glass half full. More often than not I'm optimistic about things, but lately it's been slightly harder.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I prefer to call myself a realist, but really I'm a pessimist.

I have zero faith in Humanity, and very little capacity for hope. It's not really so much that I see the glass as half-empty; I see it as already have been spiked, stolen, or spat in. :dunno:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I'm an optimist. Don't know why. It's just how I am. (I guess I just figure I can endure whatever gets tossed at me, and that lady luck's been really kind to me, all things considered.)

Last edited:
I'm pretty much always optimistic when it comes to other people. With myself, then it largely depends on which of my 2 moods I'm currently in.

I guess most of the time it's a mixture of the two, like I'll think: "everything's probably going to go wrong, but it will be ok in the end."

I used to be pretty optimistic, but after the living Hell (ofc there's no pun intended *snort* ) I've had to suffer for the past year, I guess you could call me pessimistic. Some even says I have symptoms for Bipolar Disorder, so hey, go figure.

stevenfermi

Registered Member
Total pessimist. Unless I'm having my delusions of grandeur moments, where I am unnaturally optimistic. But life usually has a way of meeting my expectations.

PhoenixOverdrive

Registered Member
Used to be pessimistic all the time. Then again I used to plan everything. With a plan B, C, D, E and F. Nothing caught me by surprise. I was never really happy either.

Now my default setting is feeling great. I don't worry about the issue anymore. Eyes on the prize.