Optical illusion or ghosts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boredie, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Lately I've been experiencing movement out of the corner of my eyes, every time I'm thinking it's a person walking by, but when I turn my head to look, there's no one there.
    The last experience happened only today, the image was of a male adult wearing white top, black trousers, and I think long hair.

If it's an illusion, my question would be why is my mind/eyes playing tricks on me? The person I described above looks like no one (didn't see the face) nor do I know anyone with long hair.

If it's a ghost, the idea is kinda scary to think that I am able to see ghosts on occasion walking about.

Your thoughts?

2. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Cataract?

Maybe a spirit trying to contact or connect with you? "Something" from the other side?

Have you been getting enough sleep? Perhaps, your mind is in that half-sleep state trying to go to bed, and you're having a real life dream?

3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  4. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Four possible reasons:

-a random ghost or ghosts

-the spirit of a departed loved one seeking your attention

-a psychological manifestation of the above

-simple transitory peripheral hallucinations

I would tend to suspect the last, although I will admit that this leaves certain incidents in my own past experience without sufficient explanation.

5. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I see little bugs flying around from the corners of my eyes sometimes. I think i've just been staring at the computer too long.

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would say just illusions, eyes can play up sometimes. If not, get more sleep lol.

7. Boredie

I'm definately not getting enough sleep - thanks to my dear baby.
    I didn't realize that lack of sleep does that to people. Strange.

Thanks Bex, I'll take a look at the sites.
    ------
    Ugh.. that website will give me nightmares..

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  8. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

On a exercise I did which we were sleep deprived for 2 weeks I started to see clowns popping out of the trees lol. It can get pretty bad at times, so make sure you try and catch up on sleep when you can.

9. Boredie

I think I'm gonna have to train myself to sleep during work hours...