Ophishal Email Spam N' Scam Thread

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Tucker, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Cha-ching! I got this today. The riches I deserve at last are mine!

I can't wait to collect my half million bucks, oh boy.

What's in your inbox?

2. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

What if I was not idiot/greedy enough to fall victim to such a scheme? Can I still contact Nigeria and provide them with all my personal details for them to deposit this money to my bank of choice if it means it will make the world a better place?

Thank the heavens for people [strike]in Nigeria[/strike] the world over wanting to make this world a better place.

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

That's the line that got me, Seej. *sniff* I know that if I take advantage of this offer, I'll be giving away the whole half mil and then some.
    ------
    Another 2.5 million, coming my way! This day keeps getting better and better. FBI Director Mueller spelled his name wrong (miguel.williams) in his email address, but I'll ignore that because money!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  4. Hiei

Hiei The Hierophant

Oh man! I wonder if it's my prince in Nigeria that's going to be compensating you?! If it is, can you send him my information too? I don't seem to have gotten my email telling me that I'm entitled to half a million US dollars. I'm sure it's on the way, though.

5. idisrsly

Now that is the kind of spelling and grammar we expect to see in an official notice from the FBI. Wow TuckTuck, how lucky can one guy be? You are now three million doll-hairs richer in one day... Marry me? :)

6. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

So was the little (^_^) face in the original e-mail or did you add that in there? Cause I really like the idea that the scammers think that people think the FBI is dropping smileys and internet speak in memos.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Haha, when I find that one out, I'll let you know.

Don't take this the wrong way, Idibok, but suddenly I can think of about a million and a half reasons not to! [​IMG]

8. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I got a phishing phone call yesterday. They called to say that my bank account had been frozen for security issues. I needed to give them my card number and PIN to fix it.

:spin:

9. idisrsly

Oh wow. Now that is service going the extra mile! You didn't even have to go through the inconvenience of going to the bank in person or anything?

Seriously though, I am dying to know what your response was. Pray tell! :nod:

10. konboye

konboye Registered Member

Take it from a Nigerian in the house. Run, with your legs touching your back.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010