• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Opera Web Browser--I'm in love

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
...for the moment, that is.

Does anyone else use Opera? What do you think of it? It's been around since 1995, and it's the 2nd oldest browser in use, but over the past few years it has been seriously overhauled. I never gave it as much as a second glance, taken in by Firefox, then Chrome, then back to Firefox again. I just recently made Opera my default browser and I've been sucked into its features and mechanics. I didn't want to love it. I didn't want to use it on my Droid II either. I wanted to stay happily involved with Chrome and Firefox. But after the initially overwhelming sensation, I found: the panels to be useful, the turbo setting to be smooth, the sync to be effortless, and the security tight.
------
(WHoops, how'd this get in gadgets and devices? Move pretty please? So sorry :lol:)

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I've used Opera in the past. The reason why I don't use it anymore is because it runs slower than Chrome or Firefox.
At least, webpages load slower on Opera, as far as I've noticed.

As for the customization part, Opera rocks ..but nothing more than that.

dDave

V.I.P.
For me at least I find that Opera is slower than Chrome.

I don't have any serious issue with Opera but I prefer Chrome, it has all of the features that I need and I really like just how simple it really is.

The Wii uses Opera.

LightNg

I use opera and I love it for years. It is the first browser that had tab browsing. It is the only 1 that have mouse gesture out of the box, something I can't live without.

Opera was adware in the beginning, that's why it didn't catch on in the first browser war. After firefox became popular, it switches to become freeware, but it was too late.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I never gave it as much as a second glance, taken in by Firefox, then Chrome, then back to Firefox again.
I use FF, Opera and Google Chrome and I like all three but not to happy with IE

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I'm very happy with IE9 by the way. It works excellent on Windows 7.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I have been using Opera for as long as I can remember. It's the only browser that I am comfortable with because it's simple.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I can't figure out how to open a new tab without it taking me to said new tab and keeping me on the original page.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I can't figure out how to open a new tab without it taking me to said new tab and keeping me on the original page.
You can change it in Tools - Options/Preferences.
I'm sure every browser out there has options about opening new tabs.

shelgarr

Registered Member
Hm....interesting. I recently switched from IE to Chrome. I've only been slightly more happy. Liked Firefox before. Thinking maybe IE9 is worth a try.