• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Oops, he did it again

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
In Iowa, Obama blames Ryan for blocking farm bill - Yahoo! News

Seems our president is in Iowa blaming Congressman Ryan for blocking the farm bill and said this:

"If you happen to see Congressman Ryan, tell him how important this farm bill is to Iowa and our rural communities," Obama said. "We've got to put politics aside when it comes to doing the right thing for rural America and for Iowa."
Cute soundbite except that the House PASSED the Farm Bill about 10 or 11 days ago and it's sitting in the Senate, who left without voting on it.

For the benefit of Obama, and some of his supporters, Paul Ryan is a REPRESENTATIVE in the House, NOT a Senator. And he is the Chair of the Budget Committee and does not sit on the House Agricultural Committee, and thus could vote on the bill but cannot block it.

Here we go again, a president who cannot take responsibility for a damn thing is continuing to blame others for things out of their control.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I've been following Romney/Ryan the best I can over the last few days and maybe I'm wrong about this. But the impression I am getting from this campaign is Romney and Ryan are having a serious discussion about the budget and entitlements and Obama/Biden are telling lies and trying to scare people into not going Romney. Today, Biden was at a rally that was about half black and he announced that Romney was going to "put y’all back in chains.”
Biden tells Va. supporters Romney would put blacks 'back in chains' - Washington Times
Now I gotta admit, I generally view center or center-right websites. But I do read HuffPo every day and all I'm seeing from the administration is gutter politics at its worse and I really believe Romney/Ryan are campaigning above the fray.

I think the Obama camp can see the writing on the wall. No matter what the polls say, 2012 is going to be a disaster for the Democrat party. The only hope they have is to demonize Romney to the point where people think he's just as bad as Obama. Calling Romney a felon? Saying he hasn't filed taxes in 10 years? Telling blacks he wants them in chains? If Romney were not a public figure, he could sue Obama for defamation and win in 10 minutes. Its just unreal the lies they've sunk to.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree with you, MIT. The Obama administration is sinking to new lows even for them. I heard about the "putting y'all back in chains" a little while ago and I have to admit, nothing surprises me about these idiots anymore. It used to, but I've become numb to it. The thing is 4 years ago Obama had no record to run against, so McCain had a tough time with him. Now he does have a record to run on, and a dismal one at that. So instead of arguing the issues, because he's been such a failure, he's resorting to this gutter politics. It's a shame we have a POTUS that is this low.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm not sure where to put this, but this seems appropriate enough. I'm listening to Jim DeMint on local radio right now. The host asked him why he supported Romney and is Romney a serious candidate. DeMint said he sat down with Romney and went over these things. Romney told him he is going into the presidency knowing that he will be a one termer. DeMint said Romney is very serious about turning the economy around and reforming entitlements. He said he knows it will probably destroy his presidency and put any Congressman (including DeMint) in danger of losing their seat but budget reform is crucial for our future.

It was an interesting statement from DeMint because I caught a few minutes of Glenn Beck this week and he happened to be talking with a Congressman that was supporting Romney and the Congressman told Beck he was all wrong about Romney. He said that Romney has gone into closed meetings with Republicans and told them they better stand with him because he's going to propose balanced budgets not in 10 or 25 years, but 3 or 4 years. What's important about that is Ryan's budget as much as its demonized is balanced in 25 years. Romney insist that we do not have 25 years.

This is all a little more than hearsay. DeMint is not a liar. He does not exaggerate things for headlines. He comes on local radio every few weeks and he's always very frank.

My point in all of this is I really believe that Romney is deadly serious about this. I've never been a Romney guy, but I'm really starting to believe this guy is not a game player. To Romney, this election isn't about republicans gaining power. In fact, the opposite. Romney believes his policies could in the short term, damage the Republican party.

I'd questioned if Romney was the man, but after the DeMint interview, my opinion of Romney is changing.

Frenzy

Registered Member
I know "mud slinging" is almost always part of a presidential campaign, but Oboma seems to be taking it to new lows. I am not a huge fan of Romney myself, but I am even less of a fan of Oboma. I think Romney is actually showing a bit of class so far in his campaign without throwing out untruths about Oboma, but Oboma on the other hand is getting deeper and deeper into the spin and even going to the point of telling out right lies. My only hope is that even diehard democrats see realistically how big of a disappointment Oboma has been and recognize the out right lie's he is spreading now, though I doubt it. Political party loyalty is usually unchanged by truth which to me is sad and a big reason why nothing in America gets done to better it's situation.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I know "mud slinging" is almost always part of a presidential campaign, but Oboma seems to be taking it to new lows. I am not a huge fan of Romney myself, but I am even less of a fan of Oboma. I think Romney is actually showing a bit of class so far in his campaign without throwing out untruths about Oboma, but Oboma on the other hand is getting deeper and deeper into the spin and even going to the point of telling out right lies. My only hope is that even diehard democrats see realistically how big of a disappointment Oboma has been and recognize the out right lie's he is spreading now, though I doubt it. Political party loyalty is usually unchanged by truth which to me is sad and a big reason why nothing in America gets done to better it's situation.
I have a friend who has always voted Republican. Very pro-life, Christian guy. He voted for Obama in 2008. He told me Obama was different than any pol he'd seen. He was not divisive. He tried to unify America. He did not destroy his opponents. I didn't see that in 2008, but I didn't read Obama's books or follow his speeches to the extent my friend did. I'm going to generalize and say a lot of independents voted for Obama for the same reason my friend did, or at least partially. 4 years later, nobody can say that about Obama. I'll give Obama the benefit of the doubt and say he's changed instead of saying he was this way all along.
That idea of Obama being someone that transcends politics as usual and politics of destruction is completely erased in the independents mind. That trait is very attractive and Romney is the one that has risen above it this year.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
That's pretty much how I feel. I'm not a Romney fan, although there are issues I'm in agreement with him. I agree he's shown a lot of class thus far compared to Obama, who seems to be sinking to new lows all day. And yes mud slinging has been around forever but not only do I find Obama to be the lowest, he promised the exact opposite...not that I'm surprised however.

Rowan

Registered Member
To be honest both parites sling dirt like there is no tomorrow. The main reason Obama gets the raw end of the deal is because there wasn't that much dirt slinging 4 years ago. It was a positive message. Though I will be honest there has been as much if not more slung at Obama so they can't really complain can they? If you count both elections together its an insane amout of total bullcrap slung a gainst Obama. Smearing is a good political move.

Fox news especially knows fear is a powerful tool. Fear makes it easy to control people. If the american people would just stop being so afraid of every little thing and just face it they would be far more difficult to distract and control. Just stop being so fricking afraid of every little thing. Crap happens and is gonna happen. Be concerned but not afraid.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Really? Is Romney accusing Obama of being a felon? Or accusing him of killing someone's wife? 4 years ago McCain refused to throw mud and Obama basically didnt either. This year Obama doesn't have a record to run on so he's getting dirty, the exact thing he complained about before.

Fox News? Please. How about throwing granny off a cliff, thats not fear mongering? God, the Obama apologists really make me laugh.
------
By the way, what the fuck Fox News has to do with Obama getting it wrong about the farm bill and what branch Ryan is in is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

Rowan

Registered Member
Hate to say it but why hasn't he shown his tax returns if he is totally innocent? Even if he is innocent then what could be on them that they have decided would be worse for the campaign than keeping them secret? Thats all I ask. Though this is probably the wrong thread for this conversation.

I brought up Fox news because its the biggest fear mongering thing on television. I do commend the station from bringing us some pretty good shows though. Family guy was an excellent addition. Both parties use fear mongering. Obama says that Romney will make the poor poorer. Then Romney administration trys to make it out that Obama is gonna ruin the country by making it into a communist nation.

Both use fear mongering. I think that the American Public (both parties, no parties ect) should not be so afraid. Even if the danger is real people need to not make decisions out of fear. They are usually the wrong ones.

But in closing....the republican party has had a fierce rejection of Obama no matter what he does. The only president I have seen in history that was met with more rejection was Lincoln. I'm glad both parties disagree so that we have a diversity in congress but the opposition was above and beyond what was necessary.