• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Only one may enter The Dark Door

Turbo

Registered Member
Back when I first started I used cards whose effects would protect my n00b skills. One of those cards was The Dark Door.

LON-EN093
The Dark Door
Spell Card - Continous
TEXT: Both players can only attack with 1 monster during their respective Battle Phases.

With the current TCG being mostly aggressive this card can hurt. Plus in a stall or stall/burn deck this will be a distraction
to your oppoents M/T removal as well as limit their ability to do damage to your life points. Your opponent must then choose to remove this card or your other threats. Plus, I feel this card is key in a properly built Hamon stall deck that I'm currently building.

What are you thoughts?

A

Amethyst_Shinobi_0

I say its a not bad of an idea to side deck, but I like the creativity in the deck you'r trying to build. I think that would be a fun deck to see.

Turbo

Registered Member
The Dark Door will definately work best against rush decks. as for the deck i'm constructing; once its done and tested i'll put it up.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
I found it quite annoying when people actually used it

O

OneVato

Yep, I first used that card the same reason you did. And I still like using it in my stall/burn decks. However, I've found that using it in any other kind of decks (like your Hamon, for example), can end up hurting you in the end when you don't need to stall anymore. So it's a good card, just make sure you save a s/t removal for when you're done with it.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Ya it actually sounds like a good idea. It could make your opponent waste s/t removal or make them screw there moves up I might try it out.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
This card really hurts Cyber Dragon/Don Zaloog drops. In fact unless you are dropping Cyber Dragon to tribute for a Monarch or Jinzo, then the Cyber Dragon is wasted against Dark Door. Only thing it doesn't stop is multiple attackers such as Matazza and more importantly Cyber Twin Dragon.

Turbo

Registered Member
OneVato said:
Yep, I first used that card the same reason you did. And I still like using it in my stall/burn decks. However, I've found that using it in any other kind of decks (like your Hamon, for example), can end up hurting you in the end when you don't need to stall anymore. So it's a good card, just make sure you save a s/t removal for when you're done with it.
Actually, TDD will help set up my summoning of Hamon and should i play TDD after Hamon hits i'll just attack with Hamon doing 1000lp each time i destroy a monster.

Kos4Evr said:
This card really hurts Cyber Dragon/Don Zaloog drops. In fact unless you are dropping Cyber Dragon to tribute for a Monarch or Jinzo, then the Cyber Dragon is wasted against Dark Door. Only thing it doesn't stop is multiple attackers such as Matazza and more importantly Cyber Twin Dragon.
Jinzo doesn't stop TDD, it would have to be a monarch. its true that TDD doesn't stop multiple attacks but does really are run much, IMHO.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
You vastly missunderstood my comments regarding Jinzo and the Monarchs. I'm talking about instead of special summoning Cyber Dragon then Normal summoning a Don Zaloog or Reaper, using them as tribute fodder for Monarch level beatsticks. The point of that was never to negate or destroy the Dark Door, but to avoid wasting an attack because of it.

Turbo

Registered Member
ahh, i see Kos. Based on that I wouldn't be surprised if TDD becomes a hidden tech in top 8. pending the deck builds of course.