• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Online Poker

eldore44

does anyone here play online poker. I love it, great fun.

post your poker name and the sites you play on, and what limits.

eldore44- tropical poker, poker stars, full tilt poker, jungle poker. mainly play $1.75 sng's and sometimes play 0.05/0.10 ring.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I play sometimes on PartyPoker.com. I haven't played for a while though and I never played for money. I am pretty good though and could probably do well. I just would rather invest the money instead of risk it on Poker. Poker has more chance involved than buying a solid share of stock. :D

Jinksie

I play on pokerstars most days and usually play tourneys ranging from $2 - $40 buy ins, are the sites you mentioned in your post any good? looking for a second site to play aswell, never really got into partypoker hurt my eyes :lol:

neum985

I pwn noobs
i play on pokerstars but im trying to cut back after tilting off most of my cash. Pokerstars is notorious for the bad beats that happen so i would stay away from there. If you like ring games i would go for fulltilt because the players in those ring games are absolutely brutal. Pokerstars is better to make money on SNG tourneys i play the 180 man because of the payout for 1st. and my name on both sites is jamergower. :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I believe they take a rake off the top of each pot. I don't think you pay a fee when you cash out.

neum985

I pwn noobs
I believe they take a rake off the top of each pot. I don't think you pay a fee when you cash out.
You are correct they take 5 cents off every one dollar in the pot. Basically they make a shit ton of money. if its a 10 dollar tourney it cost you 11 dollars to get in because one dollar goes to the site. And the sunday million on pstars is a 200 buying and 15 on top of that and there is 5k people that enter so yeah they make 75K off just that. Id like to open a site like this up someday so i can roll in the money :lol:

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Does this place count? :-/ Other than that, I don't have the resources to play online.

JjCrazyboy

Registered Member
I actually really want to start playing a little online. I do pretty well when I play with my amigos and when I play on sites like this. I am looking forward to the wii tourney I think that will be lots of fun.