Online gambling soon to be banned in the US

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by BigBlue, Oct 4, 2006.

1. BigBlue

BigBlue ----------------------

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/32155/Online_Gambling_Now_Illegal_in_U_S

I dont gamble, especially not online so it doesnt effect me, some other people might be really angry though.. oh well its soon going to be the law.

2. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

I don't like this law at all. It hurts a booming business, which is ironic in the pro-business Bush administration, and it hurts our rite to lose our own money. If we can borrow money and gamble it away in New Jersey and Nevada, why can't we do it online?

I do know that a lot of people get hurt by gambling addiction and that credit card companies make their money through ignorance, desperation, and general mistruth; but it's still a civil right and business blow.

And of course most of this seems like a witch hunt for people doing things that are by definition not really illegal/election year issue. If it wasn't for Hastert, Foley, and Allen, this would be getting all the press.

Kaz

3. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

Now here's a thought... Can you internet gamble on Native American Reservations?

This law is pretty ridiculous, but I'm guessing they'll find a way around it somehow. If it's something involving credit card companies, maybe they'll create a new method of working the payments or something. I doubt the business will just die completely.