• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Online Dating Sites

Dabs

Registered Member
Have any of you ever tried those online dating sites??
Around my area, I see advertisements for:
PlentyOfFish
WebDate
eHarmony
DateHookUp
OkCupid
Maybe some others, can't think of all their names.....I think most of them are free, but I know eHarmony is not.
I don't have a profile on any of them....but I have looked at some of the gents that are advertising.....and Jesus H....some men, were there 2 years ago when I was glancing thru, and they are still there!
Either they never found anyone, or did, and that relationship ended and they are back at it again.
But I just don't see those sites being good for shit.

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
I tired plenty of fish but to be honest my best experience was with online speed dating....

You get a few minutes with a person, motivates you to lay out the important things, and then you pass or fail each other and move on to the next. Quick, easy, random, and not based on stupid profiles. I did find a match but was broke and couldn't pay to talk to her again, lol. So nothing came of it but it was good....

So if I did decide to date again I would totally do real life or online speed dating....

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I don't know one person that has been successful using these dating sites. One of buddies though met his wife through World of Warcraft though, but I don't think that would count. Also my bestfriend got reunited with his now fiancee by using Facebook.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I have never used them but I think they're mostly a waste of time.
I remember I got registered in 2 of them but never went back there.
Only in rare occasions do they work out.
It's not a ''healthy'' way of getting to know someone who's behind a computer screen and that's it.

Last edited:

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
oh see here's where my silly romanticist side comes out. Why is it any less likely to find the one you love on the internet than on say...a bus or a chance meeting in a nightclub...?

I dunno, I quite like the fact that you can quite happily type type type away about yourself without worrying how you sound.

They're not for me personally but I don't think a couple who met online are any less solid than a couple who did not.

:)

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I dunno, I quite like the fact that you can quite happily type type type away about yourself without worrying how you sound.

:)
Well that's the problem. You can type whatever you want and the chances for truthfulness are less likely.
So you can be fake all the time and nobody realizes this.
I'd rather live in a complex reality than in a comfortable fake virtuality.

konboye

Registered Member
Well that's the problem. You can type whatever you want and the chances for truthfulness are less likely.
Well said, and when you think its all virtual, you don't even know it when you give yourself away.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Elly no matter how much you try and lie in the end your true self comes out. and you know what I would never engage in an emotional relationship with someone that I'd not sat down to coffee with and chatted my heart out with them. I certainly would not take anyone just on what they type to me...

Ultimately if you get burned you get burned people are capable of lieing in real life too, sometimes you just have to weigh up the risk and see whether you're willing to take it or not.

It boils down to - how far will you go for love...

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Elly no matter how much you try and lie in the end your true self comes out. and you know what I would never engage in an emotional relationship with someone that I'd not sat down to coffee with and chatted my heart out with them. I certainly would not take anyone just on what they type to me...
But I wasn't referring to you personally. I was speaking in general.
I know you wouldnt get into a relationship with someone you haven't met.

Ultimately if you get burned you get burned people are capable of lieing in real life too, ..
That's true but the chances to tell a lie on the internet are higher and the chances to catch a lie are fewer.