• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Online audience saves gamer.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
TEMPE, Ariz. - People watching a video feed of a woman playing an online game called authorities to report seeing a home invasion taking place in the woman's apartment, police said Monday.

Online audience saves gamer during home invasion
This woman was lucky she had a audience that cared and knew where she was. I bet the thieves were surprised the police showed up so quick. Glad they caught one of them, hopefully they will catch the other one soon.

That would have been weird to watch someone on a live feed getting their home broken into like that.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Saw this on Twitch.tv the other day, crazy stuff.

I'm glad she's okay though. The morons definitely picked the wrong house.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Ancients 2? Thats Steam and its not even open world! The only time to play Steam games is while they are still Beta. =P
But yeah if she got that much protection just playing that then imagine how much more with a MMORPG like Phantasy Star or WOW. Thats so cool how gaming can be home security.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I'm just glad she's okay.

dDave

V.I.P.
It's pretty nuts that they were caught like this. It's got to be pretty far down on the list of possible ways to be caught if you're breaking into someone's home :lol:.

It's good that she actually let people know where she's located, otherwise these people would have been watching and nothing could have been done to prevent the robbery.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That would be horrible watching a online gamer get robbed or worse and not know where they were so you could call police.