• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

online auctions for charity

kknight0506

Registered Member
have heard people arranging online auctions for charity and stuff and not keeping anything for themselves. is it true that such kind of auctiosn are possible?

SouthernGal

Registered Member
I have heard of that before, and I think it is fantastic!

In all honesty, I am not sure if I would trust the person to truly give all of the money to charity. Unless it is truly a authorized charity (sponsored by United Way or such).. I would be unsure. I have been burned too many times by 'scrooge' charities this time of year!

mamab

Registered Member
I'm with you SouthernGal. I would want to know about the charity and how reputable it is before "giving" at this time of year. Unfortunately, there are some people that take advantage of others' generosity at this time of year, worse than at any other time of year. :(

kknight0506

Registered Member
well i am thinking of having a charity auction in associatioin with mother teresa's foundation for the children of slum dwellers. can anyone tell me how should i go about in arranging this charity

Penguin

Registered Member
I recommend that you contact them and see what they say; and then probably contact a lawyer to find out the legal ramifications.

Reverend

Registered Member
This has been going on for quite a while. There was quite a flood of it after Katrina. (Sorry, just realized the pun) :-/ A lot of it from celebrities - many of them were auctioning off "spend a day with Britney Spears" type things, and donating to charity.

If you want to auction stuff for charity, eBay's page that tells you about it is at givingworks.ebay.com/sell/

Last edited: