Onions

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by icegoat63, Oct 16, 2008.

?

which one?

1. Haystack

12.5%
  2. Sauteed

87.5%
  1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Got the inspiration from another website and an awesome plate of tri tip I had the other day.

How do you prefer your Cooked onions? Haystack or Sauteed?

2. kiwi

kiwi The Original Kiwi

Depends what I'm eating them with. I love the awesome blossom/fried onion appetizers, but on a hamburger or steak or something, I'd go for the sauteed.

3. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

What is Haystack?:confused:

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I don't know what haystack means so I'll go with sauteed!

I also like crispy onions. Ever had those? They're good for toppings.

5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I"m not sure what haystack is but I don't particularly like onions at all unless they are really finely chopped up and cooked all the way through. Doesn't matter how they cook them then.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Haystack onions are deep fried. They would be crispy and may or may not be battered. Ive seen them being used alot more frequently around these parts in lieu of sauteed onions.

They arent to bad really, obviosly being deep fried they arent gonna be the healthiest option but they sure are flavorful!

if you google search haystack onions you'll get an idea of what they are

7. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

They're like....onion rings?

8. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I just did a search for "haystack onions" I also had to do a search for "tri tip", we're speaking differrent languages:lol::lol:

If its a steak then its either saute or raw, never had haystack, so I voted saute.

9. R1pperZ

R1pperZ Registered Member

Sauteed for sure, the only way I will eat yellow onions is when breaded or sauteed. I love raw red onions though especially on burgers, tacos and salads.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I thought haystack was raw onion. How come that's not part of the options? :)