• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Amusing Onion: Houston kid holding on for one decent Astro

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
“You know what, at this point I’d honestly take a meet-and-greet with a guy who can just hit a double,” said Kelvin. “Or maybe a player who can steal a base every once in a while. Or even just someone who isn’t sent back and forth from the minors every few months.”
I'd love to see an Astro who can hit a double every now and then or steal a base from time to time as well.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I expected so much more out of Wallace. Granted he's still young but I thought he would be further along by now.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought he was a sure fire star when the Cardinals drafted him.

I wonder if bouncing around to so many organizations has affected him. He was dealt to Oakland in the Holliday trade and then to Toronto before finally going to Houston.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I wonder that too. I know he lost some weight and seemed to be refocusing during Spring Training but it doesn't seem to have made much difference. I was hoping he would be a replacement for Berkman for years to come.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I saw he trimmed down, that was good to see. The man who drafted him, Jeff Luhnow, really sees a lot in him so I kinda thought that was the perfect situation that they found themselves together again.

He's got time to figure it out but is running out of time as well...if that makes sense haha