• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

One of the coolest things I've ever found

Wade8813

Registered Member
At work, we were going through an old safe full of stuff that's classified Secret, and I found the ORIGINAL military investigation into the Abu Ghraib scandal. A 2-star general investigated it, and a 1 star was demoted. There's some interesting stuff in there I wish I could share. I doubt any of it needs to be secret anymore, but I have to err on the side of not getting arrested... :lol:

Taliesin

Registered Member
What I often wonder about is why secrets are documented at all. Wouldn't that increase the chances of the wrong eyes reading said secrets so that they are no longer... well, secrets?

Wade8813

Registered Member
Sometimes you have to. The investigation had to happen, and the only way was to have it documented. Other things that might be secret are things like maps, where obviously you want to actually use them.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I would love to read that. I've always thought some of those privates were scapegoats and were treated wrong. I'd love to know what really happened.

(Aren't you at least a little bit worried this conversation will end up in an N///S///A database and jeopardize your career?)

Wade8813

Registered Member
I haven't said anything that isn't a matter of public record, except for the fact that we found it and it's secured. But obviously the investigation has to exist somewhere.

In fact, probably everything in there that made it Secret in the first place is now available on Wikipedia. There's still some cool info in it, but it's not the really newsworthy stuff.

Last edited: