"One nation under surveillance"

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
That is pretty cool, I just watched how busy time square is, and all the Santa's walking down the street lol.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
That is pretty cool, I just watched how busy time square is, and all the Santa's walking down the street lol.
Only in New York.

When I was there I saw Spiderman playing the sax, The Naked Cowboy, a taxi rear end a car, a homeless guy pissing in the street and a shitload of other stuff. It was an experience alright.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't see how it would be against our rights if the cameras are placed on city/state/federal property. It's basically like adding extra police and could help deter crime. If you don't do anything illegal then you've got nothing to worry about.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I don't see how it would be against our rights if the cameras are placed on city/state/federal property. It's basically like adding extra police and could help deter crime. If you don't do anything illegal then you've got nothing to worry about.
Except when those illegal activities are only illegal because the government says so, not because they are actually true criminal activities.

1984 anyone?

Except when those illegal activities are only illegal because the government says so, not because they are actually true criminal activities.
I think I know what you mean, but still. "except when those law breaking activities only break the law because the government made the law that they broke, not because they're actually breaking laws"? It's like saying killing someone wouldn't be illegal if it wasn't for the government making laws against it.

Last edited:

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I think you're getting a bit paranoid Pro. What's wrong with city/state/federal property having security cameras? I'm sure if they didn't and something happened, Obama would probably be to blame, right? I don't like the idea of surveillance in schools and bathrooms or other strange places, but then again I'm conflicted because I think a lot of criminals get away because they aren't caught on tape.