"One nation under surveillance"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pro2A, Dec 12, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

2. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

That is pretty cool, I just watched how busy time square is, and all the Santa's walking down the street lol.

3. pro2A

Only in New York.

When I was there I saw Spiderman playing the sax, The Naked Cowboy, a taxi rear end a car, a homeless guy pissing in the street and a shitload of other stuff. It was an experience alright.

4. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

Whoa, that's pretty cool, especially with the various angles and cameras.

I'm sure there could be some cool stuff to see there.
    ------
    Lol, I found one for where I live too. xP

Colwyn Bay Webcam - Live North Wales Cameras

It's not a live feed though. But I've been to both those places. XP

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I think that's a good idea. It should make you feel safer.

6. midnightseve

midnightseve Registered Member

I think surveillance like this is against our rights, and yet it has caught so many crooks.

7. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't see how it would be against our rights if the cameras are placed on city/state/federal property. It's basically like adding extra police and could help deter crime. If you don't do anything illegal then you've got nothing to worry about.

8. pro2A

Except when those illegal activities are only illegal because the government says so, not because they are actually true criminal activities.

1984 anyone?

9. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I think I know what you mean, but still. "except when those law breaking activities only break the law because the government made the law that they broke, not because they're actually breaking laws"? It's like saying killing someone wouldn't be illegal if it wasn't for the government making laws against it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  10. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I think you're getting a bit paranoid Pro. What's wrong with city/state/federal property having security cameras? I'm sure if they didn't and something happened, Obama would probably be to blame, right? I don't like the idea of surveillance in schools and bathrooms or other strange places, but then again I'm conflicted because I think a lot of criminals get away because they aren't caught on tape.