One legged body weight squats

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's a handy workout for you guys. You can do it with absolutely NO equipment whatsoever.

Basically, stand on one leg and squat down so your butt almost touches the floor (your balancing leg should end up parallel with the floor), still on one leg. Then stand back up while still on the one leg. Do this 10 times and then switch legs for another set of 10.

I did just 2 sets of these per leg (20 reps per leg) yesterday and I'm still feeling it pretty badly today. I would highly recommend this routine. It only takes a few minutes too.

If you aren't able to balance on one leg, then you could probably do both legs and maybe do 100 or so total to get a similar effect.

Last edited:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I think that's probably bending too far to be safe for your knees. Bending your knees beyond 90 degrees places unnecessary stress on the knee joint.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I'd say it ends up being 80 degrees or so if you do it right. Basically the top of your leg that you are balancing on should be parallel to the ground each time you squat. (OP edited)

Last edited:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate squats with a passion, but I usually squat 140lbs(bar and 50 lbs on each side), this one doesn't seem so bad.

I might try it out when I work my legs on Thursday.

Dawn

Registered Member
Wowza.. you must have balance! I can barely stand on one leg without wobbling :|

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
yeah, that's safe. I was picturing something like an old-fashioned deep knee bend.
I guess kind of like forward lunges with no equipment would be the same (the drop level that you personally sink to). I love squats, having a strong lower body improves the strength and balance as much as having a strong upper body.

~Shwa