One Gaming System?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by dDave, Apr 7, 2008.

1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

This thread should become pretty popular...

If you could have one gaming system which one would it be?

tell which games you would have for the sytem

Limitations

1.No computers
    2.you can only have the games that originally released on that system
    3.games must be made specifically for that system (no halo 1 on xbox 360 or anything of the sort)

you can only have games that were originally released for that system so virtual console is out of the picture along with the sonic mega collection, zelda bonus disc, etc.

For me I would have to go with the Nintendo 64, the all around most perfect gaming system ever. sure the graphics are not all that great anymore but there are plenty of very fun games to play.

here are the games that I would have

Super Mario 64
    Donkey Kong 64
    Starfox 64
    Mario Kart 64
    Jet Force Gemini
    Perfect Dark
    Zelda Ocarina Of Time
    Zelda Majora's Mask
    Goldeneye 007
    banjo Kazooie
    Banjo Tooie
    Mario Party

I think that's it.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

My answer was a bit tough. I thought of the SNES at first, but then I realized that the 360 is great for just about any occasion. Party gaming, solo gaming, online gaming, not to mention downloadable content that extends the life of your games.

Ironically, probably because it's most similar to a computer (which we all know will forever be the god of gaming).

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I also selected the 360 sbecause of great games and great online capabilities.

If you ever want to play an old game you can always dl it at the arcade. So if we are just looking at that you could play Halo 1 by dling it. Since it has recently become an arcade game.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Swift, he specifically said you can only play the games that were originally released for that console, so no Halo 1 on Xbox 360.

I guess I'd have to choose Nintendo 64 since it has a lot of my favorite games.

Ocarina of Time
    Majora's Mask
    Super Mario 64
    Mario Kart 64
    Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Perfect Dark
    GoldenEye
    Diddy Kong Racing

My second choice would be Xbox because of the Prince of Persia and Halo games.

5. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

so did you even bother to go up a few posts and read the rules?

I think that I actually specified no Halo 1 on the Xbox 360.

The games must be originally released for that system or you are not allowed to get that game.

6. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Aw damn I thought this thread was about something else. I'm going to go make that thread mwahahah. Before I go do that though I think I'd probably go for the SNES.
    Too many fond memories
    Mario Kart
    Mario All stars
    Yoshi's Island
    Battle Toads 2: Battlemaniacs
    Chrono Trigger
    Mario RPG

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

PlayStation 2 - Has some of my favorite games that I surpass 100+ hours with.

- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    - Final Fantasy 12
    - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    - Dark Cloud 2
    - CuldCept
    - Ratchet & Clank

The SNES took second place. I would've love to also play FF3 (6 US) and Chrono Trigger again.

8. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Huh...toughy.

My original choice, the Amiga, doesn't count as its a personal computer...guess that's the Commodore 64 out of the question then.

Uhh...Xbox 360. Simply for Fallout 3.

9. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

And I am sure that you have never done that before...I can't count how many times you repeat a question that was already answered in the idea and support section...anyways...

I am pointing out not that it is backwards compabible but that you can BUY the game on the xbox arcade which is specifically formatted for the 360.

So it's a loophole its not like I am taking the hard copy and playing it. What about other xbox arcade games like geomtry wars? They are exclusively for the xbox 360 arcade?

Either way it doesnt change my answer. If we are only talking hard copies of the games then I would still pick the 360.

Too be honest I dont know how you guys can all stick with the older systems. Sure those games were fun but they are obsolete once online play came into the picture. That to online mp added an incredible amount of value to games just because of that aspect. Unless you have a group of friends always willing to play games like mario kart, super smash etc I would get extremely bored even with those games.

10. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I spent my time thinking about it and I'd probably want to have a 360. The all-around features and games are more than enough to get me by for gaming.

If I had to cut down to one system, though, I'd stop playing video games and take up a new hobby.