• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

One Direction

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
You guys know the band, if you don't...than you must've been living under a rock. Thoughts? Opinions? Myself? I quite like their sappy driven pop style of music. I was incredibly hooked on their debut single "What makes you beautiful" and very much like my other thread, I guess I did ride that "One Direction" wave of popularity lol. So what say you guys?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I don't mind them at all. Some/most of my friends hate them with a burning passion, but I think their songs are catchy.

However, catchy does not equal high quality. So no. They aren't good, in my eyes, but I don't mind them. They can be as popular as they are, and my mind won't change.

Shooting_Palanx

That's the thing about quality/quantity. I mean does a song necessarily have to "sound" good in order for it to be considered good? I mean what's good and what isn't is just a matter of perspective, so I completely agree with you dude :) Imho, the group can sing, no doubt. I guess its the style of music that'll influence you whether to like them or not at the end of the day :)

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Not my kind of music, BUT my 4 year old niece, yes she's 4, knows the words to and sings and dances to "One Thing" and I have to admit its catchy and I kinda like it. I'm a little embarrassed to say I like a song my niece likes but hey, it's not a bad song at all.

Shooting_Palanx

I felt the same way about them at first, teeny, boppy, but hey it's catchy like you said, and it's not too bad of a tune at all :) I'm guessing you'll add it to your guilty pleasure list right? lol

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I haven't been living under a rock, I just don't care for crappy pop music. With that being said, I've heard their shit. I think it was that What Makes You Beautiful or something crap. Yeah, turned off the radio about 12 seconds in. That's as long as I could last.

I'll stick to my Ramones and my dubstep.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Chameleon Science & History 7
StroShow Wrestling 2
Bliss Bathroom Wall 7
Babe_Ruth Breaking News 7
Scissorhands Advice 10