• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Once you go facial hair, you never go back.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I feel like some of us vets have been talking about the "for guys" part I'll post below for years, but it's never been discussed in a thread. And because I don't want anyone to miss out, I'm going to make a "for girls" part that pertains to dating preferences. You're welcome. :lol:

For guys: If you have facial hair, it seems like many of us always hate going back to a clean shaven face. Are you one of those people? If you have facial hair, do you think of ever "going back" and keeping a clean-shaven face?

For girls: If you prefer a guy with a beard, do you have flexibility on that? Or vice-versa, if you hate stubble when warming up to your man, would you ever give it another shot? Or does it not matter to you?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I haven't shaved in about a month and my facial hair is pretty dirty right now. If I could grow a nice beard I wouldn't shave, but I can't. I love to have scruff. I hate being clean shaving because I look so young when I don't have any facial hair.

Danno

Registered Member
Ahhh I wish that I could take part in this thread as a real man. Sadly, my facial hair is embarrassing, still at the age of 24.

However, when is does grow to it's fullest, which looks like a cat could easily just lick it off, I get to a point where I need a clean shaven face as it just looks ridiculous.

I hope eventually to be able to grow a real beard someday.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Years ago I would be clean shaven, I would shave my entire face once a week without fail. Once I got made redundant however I stopped shaving basically because I didn't need to and the less I spent on shaving cream and razors the more I could afford beer and cigarettes, when I went back to work though I decided to give a goatee a go and I have had one ever since (about 4 years), I have also started having a beard as well and a lot of people have complimented me on it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Generally speaking, I count myself among those that - once I could grow a decent beard - I never want to go back. I've shaved my face a couple of times since getting a beard, and I'm never happy with it. Yet somehow I still do it.

I made the thread because one of the main reasons I do shave is when it gets hot as balls in St. Louis during the summer, I'm always tempted to shave off the beard. Today I'm probably going to shave it down to a Van Dyke/goatee so that i still have something there. I like to keep facial hair because, well, I like it. But here are a few other random stupid reasons for me, personally:

1. Because of a crappy diet, lack of exercise, and a medication that causes some swelling in the 'ol cheeks, facial hair helps my face a little bit. When I'm clean-shaven, I feel like the chubby side of my face is a little easier to see lol.

2. I'm bald-headed, but think that my red hair is freaking epic. It's nice having some facial hair to show it off.

3. Haha and the most ridiculous reason? I always put my hand on my facial hair when I'm thinking and listening. When clean shaven, it just doesn't feel right when I want to philosophize! :lol:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I had a goatee for years and I shaved it off and went back to the clean shaven look. It just looks cleaner to me and I got tired of the gray hair that was starting to grow :lol:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
My face just looks dumb and fat without facial hair lol. A little shapeless as well. I like to keep at least a goatee, so my other chins aren't so visible. Also I look very young and unhandsome without facial hair. I prefer to look rugged.

dDave

V.I.P.
For guys: If you have facial hair, it seems like many of us always hate going back to a clean shaven face. Are you one of those people? If you have facial hair, do you think of ever "going back" and keeping a clean-shaven face?
Until about a week ago I'd had a beard for 6 months or so, I decided to go back to clean shaven. It was getting long, itchy, and it's really just no good for hot weather.

I was shocked at how young I looked after I shaved. :lol:

I'll probably grow back a beard sometime but for now I'm pretty content with not having one.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
I used to be clean shaven but I have a goatee beard combo type and all i do is trim it every other day and it takes just a couple minutes to trim, I might go clean shaven someday but IMHO I think I look better with facial hair.

Wade8813

Registered Member
I've always been back and forth on it. Since I was in the Army, for the most part I never had a chance to grow it out for more than a month-month and a half before I had to shave again. I recently had the chance to shave it out a bit more, and it looks alright, except my mustache is much lighter, which often makes it look weird.