• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

OMG wtFreak is this?

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I was just there again and NO ONE was using them. They were all waiting in line at the normal checkout and I zipped right through to the self-serve machine of my choice. Awesome.

What I really like is interrupting the person whenever they ask for my Albertsons preferred card. Everytime the first item is scanned, it always then asks in that annoying machine woman voice "Have you scanned your albertsons preferred card?" and I'm like SHUT AAAAAAP!!! in my head, so I try to scan the next item and shut her up before she says it. Hella funny. I can almost imagine a machine woman on the other end shutting up and getting all pissed off. Good fun! :)

ltk9492

Registered Member
RossDude said:
The first thing that jumped to mind after reading this was Futurama, and the episode where Fry realizes that his dreams have ads in them.
lol wow that was a good episode. lol I love futurama, it is a great show. I m gonna buy the most recent season thats on DVd when I go to the mall, yo.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Meh, it's not like they're forcing you to listen to it. Just ignore it and fall asleep for a while till the line moves. It's really not that hard to ignore.

yooperchick

Registered Member
Where I live, we just got the self-checkout lanes at the Walmart. I must say, when I go there, NO ONE is using them. We did, just for the novelty of it, but it was such a pain in the butt. The computer actually froze. Then, after that, it kept yelling cause I didn't put something in the bag. Well, it's cause it wouldn't fit in the darn bag. The babysitter working had to come over 3 times.

I'm sticking with going to a live person to checkout as long as I still can.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Dang, that thing must've been messed up. I know they've caused problems, but that bad? They need to replace them with technology far more advanced: a potato. No, wait, that may be advancing too far, better stick to peas.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I used to have the opposite problem. I would put my item in the bag and it would say "unexpected item in bagging area, remove item before continuing" and I'd have to take some stuff out of the bag and put it to the side and wait until everything was done before I put it where it belongs. but they fixed it. you'd be surprised how many people still stay away from those things simply to avoid dealing with technology. though i guess it's somewhat unfair of me to judge their motivations, so whatever.

yooperchick

Registered Member
I'm not really scared of technology. But in the case of let's say....Walmart. They installed these new machines, and really they are just saving money on labor and making more money by making shoppers do the work.