OMG - Richard Pryor dies from heart attack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yooperchick, Dec 10, 2005.

1. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

The comedic world just lost one of it's greats.

Richard Pryor died in his home sometime late yesterday or early today of a heart attack. He was 65.

Here's the Yahoo story

May he rest in peace...

2. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

wow that story is short.

i clicked the link hoping that they would have put a picture of him on the news article [ to jog my memory ] and they didn't. that's kinda eff'd up.

it's still sad either way.

AngelsPeak likes this.
  3. yooperchick

yooperchick Registered Member

There's a pic up now. I think it's just breaking news. When I first saw it, it said it was updated 2 minutes ago.

4. Wrecked

Wrecked Registered Member

yeah i reconize him. he did a bunch of comedy flicks in the past. and i didn't know he was only 65.

let him RIP.

[ note: story is no longer just 2 lines anymore ]

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

He was really sick, I think he was suffering from MS. He was really funny, it's a shame he didn't do much later in his career.

6. LaRazaUnida

LaRazaUnida Registered Member

Damn! I liked him alot! When him and Gene Wilder would team up for movies it was great. I believe he was one of, if not, the first comedian to be very edgy and use profanity. I also liked him in Superman.

AngelsPeak likes this.
  7. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

R.I.P. Richard Pryor

Just come onto the computer for a few minutes to find this news out... apperantly from a heart attack.

Rest In Peace... you gave me many years of enjoyment (The Toy, Brewsters Millions, Blazing Saddles) and the old Eddie Murphy.

He was 65

8. GlodenBob788

GlodenBob788 Registered Member

I'm not dead yet Mo**er F**ker!-COmdey Central Speacil and..wait never mid it's been a year so he's dead,finnaly.

AngelsPeak likes this.
  9. ltk9492

ltk9492 Registered Member

wow this is sad, he was a great comedian. Richard Pryor died from a heart attack is what they said on tv. Sad, he was very funny and raw. Didn't care about FCC. I like that, he is also a god at comedy central and the secret stash, saturdays at 1.

AngelsPeak likes this.
  10. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

He was great in "See no Evil, Hear no Evil". That's the only place I've really seen a lot of him. I'm a young one. Wasn't very familiar with his standup. :(