OMG - Richard Pryor dies from heart attack

yooperchick

Registered Member
The comedic world just lost one of it's greats.

Richard Pryor died in his home sometime late yesterday or early today of a heart attack. He was 65.

Here's the Yahoo story

May he rest in peace...

Wrecked

Registered Member
wow that story is short.

i clicked the link hoping that they would have put a picture of him on the news article [ to jog my memory ] and they didn't. that's kinda eff'd up.

it's still sad either way.

Wrecked

Registered Member
yeah i reconize him. he did a bunch of comedy flicks in the past. and i didn't know he was only 65.

let him RIP.

[ note: story is no longer just 2 lines anymore ]

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
He was really sick, I think he was suffering from MS. He was really funny, it's a shame he didn't do much later in his career.

LaRazaUnida

Registered Member
Damn! I liked him alot! When him and Gene Wilder would team up for movies it was great. I believe he was one of, if not, the first comedian to be very edgy and use profanity. I also liked him in Superman.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
R.I.P. Richard Pryor

Just come onto the computer for a few minutes to find this news out... apperantly from a heart attack.

Rest In Peace... you gave me many years of enjoyment (The Toy, Brewsters Millions, Blazing Saddles) and the old Eddie Murphy.

He was 65

ltk9492

Registered Member
wow this is sad, he was a great comedian. Richard Pryor died from a heart attack is what they said on tv. Sad, he was very funny and raw. Didn't care about FCC. I like that, he is also a god at comedy central and the secret stash, saturdays at 1.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
He was great in "See no Evil, Hear no Evil". That's the only place I've really seen a lot of him. I'm a young one. Wasn't very familiar with his standup. :(