Olympic Qualifying

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This is the topic we're going to use to talk about the games in the World Championships.

I personally believe the Americans are going to take the gold this year. They get a healthy Kobe Bryant and a healthy Amare Stoudamire. They also have the best american point guard in Jason Kidd, and he's 28-0 in games he played for his country. This should be a good tournament, and I am hoping the Americans can get credibility back.

2. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Like everyone expected Team U.S.A took care of Venezuela pretty convincingly winning 112-69. The big question mark was to see if they could play together? And they answered that by dishing 25 assist during the game. I was really impressed to see Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard play on the same line. Now they need to bring the same punishing intensity against the Virgin Islands.

Brazil beat team Canada 75-67. It was pretty much a back and forth game until the second half when Brazil took a demanding lead. But Team Canada kept coming back to finnaly tie the match up. But the key of Team Brazil was that they had no answer to stop Leandro Barbosa who finished the game with a game high 30 points.

Other scores:

Mexico 100-Puerto Rico 89
    Uruguay 88-Panama 84

3. Babe_Ruth

Wow, I expected the Americans to destroy Venezuela, but I didn't expect them to win by 43 points. I know it's a week country, but the Americans played really well, it seemed like they were comfortable playing with each other which is great news. At times it seemed that the Americans were playing 5 on 4 or 5 on 3 that's just how good they were playing. Now the next opponent will be U.S Virgan Islands, they never had problems against them in the past, and I believe it will be the same tonight.

4. Veloci-T

Veloci-T Registered Member

i loved their offensive moves, the way they pass it and stuff like that

5. Babe_Ruth

Another great win for the Americans last night, I know it was only the U.S Virgin Islands but they beat them by more then 60 points, if they only won by only 15-20 points then it wouldnt be a great win, but winning by that much is great. Carmelo and Redd were the top scorers last night, both of them got 22 points. Kobe Bryant was in foul trouble early in the game, but Redd came in a took care of business. Every player had at least one point last night which is good, and once again, no one is selfish, they're passing the ball which is good.

Next opponent is Canada, tommorow.

6. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

As long as they dont doubt the abilities of their opposition and take them seriously they should have a great chance at going all the way, but everyones ego's must be in check.

7. Babe_Ruth

Well the Americans faced Canada today, and once again they destroyed there opponent, Team U.S.A won by 50 points. In the first quarter the Canadians were given the Americans a challenge, but after the first quarter was over the Americans just dominated, they only allowed two field goals to the Canadians in the second quarter. Carmelo Anthony was the leading scorer he finished with 25 points.

The Americans are averaging 116ppg, five shy of the 1992 Dream Team where they averaged 121ppg.

The Americans will face there hardest test tommorow when they'll face the Brazilian team.

8. Spartan

Spartan Guest

Americans are gonna win gold plain and simple...Brazil was supposed to be there biggest challenge and they mopped em up

now there average win PPG is like 48 thats too easy lol :)

9. Babe_Ruth

I expected a little challenge from the Brazilians but I was wrong, they won by 37 points. Kobe played awesome defense, he stopped Barbosa. If the Americans lose one game I'll be very surprise. The Americans and the Argentina team are both 4-0, and if they faced each other, I believe the Americans would beat them silly. This team is superior to all other countries. The biggest concern coming was would they be able to gel together, and pass it to each other, well we all know that answer.

10. Babe_Ruth

Surprisingly the Americans had a challenge by the Mexicans yesterday, even though they won by 27 points, the Mexicans were close all game. The Americans need to pick up the defense, yes they're averaging 116ppg, but they still cannot give up 100 points in a game. Once again Carmelo was the main man for the States he scored 28 points last night. Howard and Bryant both had good games as well.

Prince missed yesterdays game, but he should play in the game.