Olympic Handball

Discussion in 'Olympics' started by Major, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Has anyone else seen this yet? It's like basketball with a smaller ball. You can only take two or three steps without dribbling or passing. But instead of a basket, there's a goal and a goalkeeper like in soccer. There's an arc around the goal area that looks similar to the 3 point line in basketball, but apparently only the goalie can play the ball inside the arc. Everybody else has to be outside. It's pretty weird, but entertaining.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I use to play this in grade school all the time. It's pretty fun to be honest with you. I haven't had the chance to watch it during the Olympics this year. But if I do have a chance to watch it, then I'll defenitely do, because it's very entertaining to watch. I'm glad it's in the Olympics because it deserves to be there.

3. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

No I haven't seen that one yet. I keep missing it. Anyone have a site link to see events that have already happened? I looked on MSN but couldn't find anything.

Link me if you have one please.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

5. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Cool.... thanks for the link.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Handball is very big in here. I hope they get a medal. They successfully beat Croatia (one of the good teams) last Thursday in their preliminary round.

When I watch handball games, I think of basketball and hockey. :lol:

7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I love handball it's a lot of fun we play that in P.E. now it's a pretty new sport I believe.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

If anyone gets a chance to see the Women's Handball semis game between Norway and Korea...go see it. Great game. :nod:
    ------

Speaking of which, our Men's team will meet Croatia for the semis tomorrow. This is crucial for Croatia because they're last Olympics' gold winner and they want to defend their title.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  9. padd

padd Registered Member

I used to pay this sport in grade school..

10. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I saw the end of the Korea/Norway game...unbelievable finish to say the least.