Older wrestlers

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you guys think wrestlers stay in the business to long? For example take Ric Flair he's been wrestling a lot this year and I believe he's 57 years old. Then you have Hulk Hogan wrestling occasionally and he's around 53 years old I believe. So in your opinion do you think some wrestlers stay in the business to long? Does it bother you if they stay to long? Does it ruin chances for younger wrestlers to shine?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

If they can wrestle, they can stay. But once their age catches up with them they should know when to say no and just quit.

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah I dont have a problem with guys staying in the business as long as possible. It proves they are unbelievable athletes. I think Flair's career in the ring needs to end because he's getting too high up there. That and he's perfect in some sort of manager role as well.

4. I think some should end it when they get old, like Hogan his age really shows in the ring...Even when he made his come back it was really showing, when he lost the Title to Big Evil taker years ago is when he should've called it quits. But flair it's hasn't been until maybe a year or so until you really noticed he was old in the ring. He should hang up his boots for good and stay as a manager.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I do like seeing the likes of Flair, Hogan, Funk etc on the occasional show here or there. I think that's a fun thing to do and might get viewership where needed.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree, I enjoy seeing them, but not when they wrestler just because you remember them as great wrestlers when they were in there prime, but now there slow, they dont do a good job like they use to do. Take Piper for an example, I use to love him back in the day when he was a great wrestler, but now watching him is just horrible and sad to see. He's still a genius on the microphone but in the ring not so much.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Just like everyone else they're going to age to the point where they cannot perform anymore. Flair is there now and guys like the Undertaker will be there soon enough. I think Hogan got out at the right time. As long as they can still do it then I don't see why they shouldn't.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Sup?

The thing is though Ric Falir can still put on one hell of a match and he is that old. He's got more talent in his old age then alot of wrestlers in the industry.

But he has gotten old and he's not "as" manouvarable as he used to be and he can't take the same bumps he used to.

9. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Not to mention that actual old age is kicking in and his body has to be breaking down on him now.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Sup?

You can tell how relieved he was at wrestlemania, that was his last match, not ever he'll have a match here and there.