Movies Oldboy

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by SenatorB, Sep 28, 2006.

1. SenatorB

SenatorB J.S.P.S

I watched this movie a few days ago, after hearing lots of things about it.

"An average man is kidnapped and imprisoned in a shabby cell for 15 years without explanation. He then is released, equipped with money, a cellphone and expensive clothes. As he strives to explain his imprisonment and get his revenge, he soon finds out that not only his kidnapper has still plans for him, but that those plans will serve as the even worse finale to 15 years of imprisonment." (IMDb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364569/)

I thought it was really involving, and kept your attention the whole way through as you tried to figure out along with the protagonist what was going on. It had some pretty violent moments, but I thought they fit well with the movie and weren't particularly gratuitous.
    Has anybody else seen this movie? What did you think about it?

2. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

An old thread but definitely worthy of bumping. This is a great film for anyone who is looking for something a bit different. The concept is great and the music is really cool, I often find myself replaying bits the score in my head. I've watched it quite a few times now and it hasn't lost it's impact on me. It also has some really clumsy (but that makes it believable) fight scenes. This film is a triumph of style and a great reminder of what world cinema has to offer. seek it out.

3. Margino

Margino Registered Member

Good bump! This film is great and definately worth a watch. When I first saw it there was no way I could have predicted what ends up happening. Really enjoyed the style of this film aswell. Im not huge on martial arts movies or movies with alot of fighting, this one had the right amount and used a great style to shoot it.