• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Old School RAW thread 11-15

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought the show was fantastic. It was great to see old school wrestlers like Tito Santana, George the Animal Steal. I thought the WWE did a wonderful job giving us memories of the old shows. They went all out and I loved every minute of it. Biggest surprise was definitely seeing Good ol JR announce a match again. It would of been better if Cole was annoying the whole time, but sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

Overall it was a great show, and I was satisfied.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I thought this was a brilliant show!!

My expectations weren't too high originally. I thought they were just gonna have a brief cameo from each legend and then continue as normal. I expected it to be a little half assed. But then, the ring, the graphics, Finkel, JR, Piper's Pit... it was awesome! a real blast from the past.

I loved the backstage segments aswell. From Tony Atlas' ridiculous chattering to Dusty Rhodes looking ridiculous in his blonde wig sayin "man i raised some weird kids" :p I thought they did a lot to build up Survivor Series well on the show aswell, and like i mentioned in another thread, Roddy Piper got me about 10 times more excited about the SS main event than originally. What a promo!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Did anyone thought that Tito Santana introducing Alberto Del Rio was sort of a passing the torch moment? Maybe I'm reading a bit to much out of this, but I honestly though it was.

Also I agree wooly, Piper's Pit was simply awesome. He still as it.

wooly

I am the woolrus
Did anyone thought that Tito Santana introducing Alberto Del Rio was sort of a passing the torch moment? Maybe I'm reading a bit to much out of this, but I honestly though it was.

Also I agree wooly, Piper's Pit was simply awesome. He still as it.
Yeah i felt so too. Unless it was just purely because Tito can speak spanish and they had to fit him in somewhere! :p I enjoyed seeing it though because Tito's a legend and i'm a huge fan of Alberto Del Rio.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
One thing I have to say about that night is that it was DAMN good to see Ron Simmons. He looked better than I would've thought after coming off rehab - or is he still in?

We all know that if Sgt Slaughter is there he will be attacked.
I didn't know! Was I the only one who found that old man's mugging entirely painful to watch?

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
One thing I have to say about that night is that it was DAMN good to see Ron Simmons. He looked better than I would've thought after coming off rehab - or is he still in?

I didn't know! Was I the only one who found that old man's mugging entirely painful to watch?
HA! Did he get attacked? I called it!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
He didn't get attacked, but he did wrestle. I don't understand how the WWE still allows him to wrestler, I don't understand how he still accepts to wrestle and get his ass whooped.

@ wooly, I'm a huge fan of Del Rio, he's becoming one of my favorite wrestlers in the company. He's great in the ring, he's great on the microphone and he has great charisma.