Old school games

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Whatever old school is to you, how about a throw back to simpler times?

For me that goes back to days of NES, Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt.

This can also be about old computer games - anyone here used to (still play) Leisure Suit Larry? How about Chip's Challenge?

Favorites, least favorites, etc.

Also, if anyone knows of any sites that are legit to play these old games, I'd love to hear about them.

I should check out the old Atari in the garage and see if it still works.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Chips Challenge was a fun game. I beat the entire game a few years ago, all 250 some levels. It was pretty damn hard.

We have some old school games in the arcade. Pacman is my favorite, obviously.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Chips Challenge was a fun game. I beat the entire game a few years ago, all 250 some levels. It was pretty damn hard.
You fuckin' beauty. I could never get far with that game.

I, myself, have an Amiga in my room (unused, however, to make room for the new PC), and I sometimes use the Commodore 64 at my grandfather's house when I go over.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
For me oldschool is pretty much anything that is just memories to most people so SNES and before (some N64 but not a lot), obviously every game in the oldschool section of the arcade works as well.

I remember playing donkey kong arcade on DK64 it's the only reason that i am so good at it in the arcade.

Obviously all 2-D games that are old are oldschool.

padd

Registered Member
most of my N64 experience
Zelda, Mario 64 Goldeneye, Duke Nukem, Gretzky's hockey

even further back in time when i was toddler i remeber playing Adventure Island and all that, but not much since the only console I personally ever purchased and owned was an N64.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
Usually when I want to go back and experience the good old days with those awesome oldschool games I sit down turn on the wii and go to my virtual console library, Donkey Kong country (the entire series) all of the super mario bros, the legend of zelda, zelda 2, and i recently got a pacman stick so that works out I guess. The sonic mega collection for gamecube also comes in really handy, I'm just an oldschool game lover and always will be.

Any oldschool game that I don't own I play here such as frogger, asteroids, duck hunt, snake, breakout, tetris)

So really I have access to pretty much every old school game that I could possibly want to play.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
anyone here used to (still play) Leisure Suit Larry?
I thought me and my dad were the only ones who have and still play the game..It was the grandfather to the Sims.

I still have my 2 games, I think there was a third but I never saw it.

When you say old school I think of the original arcades, Zaxxon and Tron are my favorite old school arcade games.

I never got into the NES at the time it came out, I was in High school and I had way to many things to do than play video games.

But now that i'm an adult with kids of my own I get and excuse to play the games now..

I wish that I could use my PC game controller in our arcade, it would make it easier for me to play the games. It's hard to keep my hand on the arrow keys.

marsupilami

Registered Member
haha good on you man! My sister got quite far on it but I just couldn't keep up with her, and then PC broke and never played it since, and that was years ago haha.

Old school for me.. Golden Axe & Streets of Rage were old favourites of mine, as well as Aladdin for mega drive haha

"Invested" in buyin a mega drive off ebay couple months ago, its been amazing playin golden axe again haha

Also been buying some old PS1 games I used to like - Rayman & Croc newest two I've bought! Not so much old school.. slightly nostalgic perhaps haha