Old High School Crush issue

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by Turbo, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

OK, So I was recently found on MySpace by a girl whom I spent my entire freshman year of HS with 12years ago and things are interesting.

I'll explain.....

When we were in HS together it was my freshman year and her sophmore year and we hung out a lot. Despite my attempts to help her academicly at the time her mom decided to pull her out and send her to a new school and lose contact with everyone. NOTE: She was available before we lost contact.

Fast forward 12years to her finding me on MySpace about 2 weeks ago. We've been talking daily and her current status is she's in Texas finishing her divorce and she has 4 kids. In our talks she revealed that had we not lost contact years ago that we would have ended up together. She's also told me that she wants me to be the "friend she does everything with" as she doesn't want to jump into a relationship immediately after the divorce.

We both still have strong feelings for one another and she's returning to NY for Easter. Now I'm hyped and cautious at the same time. I'm 27 and disabled and she was never bothered by it as most girls tend to be.

I could use some opinions on this since my friends and brother all see this as me and her getting together.

2. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

nothing? no one has any opinions or advice on this?

3. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

>.> It is you guys getting together... >.>

Before I go on, I will allow myself to say...geez. I thought that you were like...18 or something, lol.

What type of advice are you looking for? I see not a problem...

As for an opinion...on? Whether we think that it is you guys getting together? Um...it kind of sounds like a date to me. Maybe more of a "playdate." Who knows.

I'd say, if it works out, then to hell with everybody.

Do whatcha want.
    -Icy

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

i'm looking for outsider views; my friends and brother are very gung-ho over this and are already referring to here as my "wifey"......i just need some outside views in case i'm missing something.

5. Icyblackflame

She might take it as a date, so be careful. I think that many people would consider that as some kind of date, too.

Hey, and what's so bad with them calling her your "wifey?" A lot of the times, others can see that "spark" that the involved individuals can't see!

So...when's the wedding?

XDDDD
    -Icy

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I know it's not what your looking for, but what's your disability? My curiosity is tickled here.

7. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

lol icy, no wedding yet.

merc- i have a form of muscular dystrophy known as Spinal Muscular Atrophy. Its not so bad a relationship as i want kids but there is a chance they could be born with it too albeit a small chance. with her i get 4 healthy kids....should we get that far.

8. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Well, if you do decide you want five children for some reason, I wouldn't worry too much about passing on your "condition". The chances of your offspring getting it are extremely low, and even if they did, it would most likely be do a lesser degree than yours

9. Icyblackflame

See...! Even you're envisioning it! Now we have a reason to do so as well!

:lol:
    -Icy

10. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

nos-yes the chances are low....its just something in my head.

icy-your as gung-ho as everyone of my friends and bro.....i guess this is a good situation then