• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Old games on new systems. Money to be made or lost?

viLky

ykLiv
I don't see why companies don't put old classic games such as Super Mario Bros., Super Mario 3, Donkey Kong Country, Barbie's Dream Home and Chrono Trigger on newer systems. Don't people like them? I do. I'm tired of breaking out my old SNES that looks like it's about to break due to the plastic cracking and dust that has been collected over the years. I would like to play it the legal way, too.

Why don't they do it? Do they think it'll cost too much money to compile the games and put it on a newer system? Do they prefer to keep trucking to the future and not worry about the past?

I've also notice that there are SOME games out there that have some classic like PitFall, PaperBoy and others on newer systems, but not everybody is following this. Strange.

I just can't wait for the future when they'll FINALLY put every single video game EVER created on an online store where you can purchase them and add them to your collection.

I had a dream that one day all white men and black men could play any video game they ever wanted by downloading them from an e-store. ~ MLViLky

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I think all gamers want this in some form or another. Eventually it will be hard to find people that have the original system and games in working condition and all that will be left is the source code.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
...Virtual Console?
I was thinking that too. Too bad the games are so overpriced. Isn't it like $15 for one Nintendo 64 game?

But yeah, I don't know why they don't release more classic games. They'd make a lot of money from a Zelda compilation. They had one, but it was hard to get and only for a limited time. Why not do a Metroid compilation?

dDave

V.I.P.
I was thinking that too. Too bad the games are so overpriced. Isn't it like $15 for one Nintendo 64 game?

But yeah, I don't know why they don't release more classic games. They'd make a lot of money from a Zelda compilation. They had one, but it was hard to get and only for a limited time. Why not do a Metroid compilation?
as far as the Nintendo Wii goes.

Nintendo 64 games are $10 that's not too bad of a price.

What really annoys me is that SNES games are $8 a piece that's overpriced I think. (super mario allstars will never release)

NES games are only $5 so that's not too bad considering that you don't have to buy the console to play them.

A zelda compilation would be cool, every zelda game ever made all on one disc except for twilight princess it's probably costa lot of money though at least $40 maybe $30 if they were feeling generous.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Nintendo 64 games are $10 that's not too bad of a price.
$10 is a lot considering some of the games are over 10 years old. Why not make the games cheaper and more accessible? They'd still make a ton of money.

dDave

V.I.P.
$10 is a lot considering some of the games are over 10 years old. Why not make the games cheaper and more accessible? They'd still make a ton of money.
It doesn't matter to me very much though, I can't stand playing N64 games on anything but N64 so i haven't bought any N64 games for VC.

I don't know why they don't make the games cheaper.

viLky

ykLiv
With illegal tools on the Internet nowadays, I don't see how companies just stand by and allow this to happen. Why don't they do something to take charge to release these games online for a set price. That way they can earn money, keep it legal for the people and keep the illegals, illegal. Win-win-win it would seem.

I wouldn't have a problem renting a game from an e-store for $.99 (a day) or buying it for $10.