OK, OK, I bought a wallet...wanna know?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by 1_ares_1, May 16, 2005.

1. 1_ares_1

1_ares_1 Registered Member

I don't think it's against any ebay rules for me to tell my little friends and warn them from a bad seller! hmmm, no I don't think it is. I just lost my a$$ on the wedding pouch auction but at least I did so honestly! this guy is selling torn up wallets w/ hardly any cash at all...way less than the people are bidding! Just thought you should know. I'm only telling because he says in the picture and w/ hints that its way more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5579386969&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

2. iowamommy77

iowamommy77 Registered Member

What do you mean? How much was in there? How did you lose out on wedding pouch? Sorry for so many questions.

3. 1_ares_1

The wedding pouch was my own auction. It was my gamble, I lost and I paid up! That's the way it's supposed to work. You don't wait til an auction is over to decide what it's for. The wallet guy is implying that there is about 600 in the wallet...there is a small fraction of that.

4. iowamommy77

How much did you lose out of it? How much was in the pouch? Cant that guy get in trouble for lying?

5. 1_ares_1

I can't give away how much was in the wedding pouch.... you would have to get that info from the buyer. Should receive by thursday or friday, if I receive the M.O. tomorrow.

6. iowamommy77

Oh i am sorry I didn't know it was a secret.

7. 1_ares_1

O I C you checked his feedback...I assure you it wasn't left until he sent me a really wiseguy response to my email...he practically dared me to do it! And I hope it keeps him from ripping others off...that is what feedback is for, right?

8. fairyquadmother

fairyquadmother Registered Member

I just don't trust these auctions at all. I know some ppl here do them, but I don't get the "cash for cash" sale. Makes no sense! someone is going to lose out big (or somewhat big at least), and I bet it's usually the winning bidder.

9. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

And he has the nerve to say in his auction " If the bid gets to a $1000"
    and he only had $130 in it?

What a scam!

I personally wouldn't bid on any mystery item unless it was someone from this board.

I just don't trust them. And your bad experience just reconfirms that to me.

Sorry to hear that happened to you.

10. 1_ares_1

Well you know Barb, I took the gamble...but I just can't stand for him to keep doing this over and over... he has one on right now thats ending very soon...its up to about $355 again! He's just a snake. I wish I could tell his bidders but thats gonna get me booted off ebay so I can't. I just hope they see his feedback in time.