ok here is an interesting Topic....

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by Bunny_roses, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hmm. Now that is interesting. I guess if it really was a stolen card then she should be forced to forfeit the winnings.

I'm surprised she didn't waste it all by now though. A million dollars wouldn't be that hard to spend in 2 years. Seems like a lot of lottery winners spend their winning pretty quickly.

I wonder who will get the remaining money though. Perhaps the ex boyfriend who's mother owned the card that she stole.

3. Bunny_roses

yes I think it opens up alot of questions. I am sure that she had to have spent alot of it anyway. so would she have to make payments for the rest of her life to pay it back?

and yea who would get it? the son should get it, however the article stated that the lottery ticket was purchased during a crime, so that might just forfeit all the money and it would just go back to the state. interesting.

at any rate her life is pretty much going to suck now :-/

Hi_Im_Tim likes this.
  4. Van

Van Heavy Weapons Guy V.I.P.

hmm..if she had turned herself in right after she won, would she still have lost the lottery money?

Hi_Im_Tim likes this.
  5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I guess it would all depend on if she took payments herself, or if she took the lump sum. Then, it gets down to how much money she actually made. Finally, you've gotta figure out how to get the money back from her that has already been given, and what to do with what's been allocated for her, anyway.

So, a bunch of BS because some jackass stole a credit card. Serves her right.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I think that either the person that owns the credit card should get the money or the next runner up in the lottery should get it. Either way somebody loses.

Hi_Im_Tim likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

But the credit card owner didn't pick the numbers, so that wouldn't make sense.

8. Bunny_roses

yea I agree with steve on this one. I don't know, I think the one thing that makes the most sense is to go back to the state or back into the pool or something I dunno hehe. Just because it was won during a crime or whatever. she committed fraud to get it. So it should prolly just go back to the state. Although I am sure the owner of the credit card would be like YEA I want it :D but you really didn't win it :rolleyes: