• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

OK Cupid Vs. Tinder

Pepper

Registered Member
I found that OK Cupid seems to have slightly better quality in terms of people when I compare it to Tinder for example. So far, I have met a couple of guys from the app, and they were pleasant experiences for the most part.

MissMe

Registered Member
Well that is good to know. I have tries Tinder and seem to only find perverts there! I am going to have to give OK Cupid a try. If that one turns out to yield the same results then I think that my internet dating days are over.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
I could be completely wrong but isn't Tinder more of a "hooking up" site, while OK Cupid seems to be more for finding a relationship? If I am right, I think the one you join would depend on what you are looking for because the quality of people on each site will depend on what draws them to that particular site in the first place. I have not been in the dating pool for several years so I am not speaking from experience.

Pepper

Registered Member
I could be completely wrong but isn't Tinder more of a "hooking up" site, while OK Cupid seems to be more for finding a relationship? If I am right, I think the one you join would depend on what you are looking for because the quality of people on each site will depend on what draws them to that particular site in the first place. I have not been in the dating pool for several years so I am not speaking from experience.
Yes, that's what I have noticed as well. People sign up to Tinder to find a hookup rather than a relationship. But I also noticed that there are some perverts on OKC as well :D

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
Yes, that's what I have noticed as well. People sign up to Tinder to find a hookup rather than a relationship. But I also noticed that there are some perverts on OKC as well :D
:D I think it is safe to say there are perverts everywhere.

Thankfully I do not have a need for dating sites, but I did watch a fascinating show that followed a few Tinder users as they navigated the app and went on dates. It was really interesting. The man who they "featured" really lacked basic relationship skills, and he even admitted that he thought Tinder had "ruined" him because the next conquest was only a finger swipe away.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MissMe Dating & Relationships 15