Ohio State @ USC

Discussion in 'College Sports' started by Major, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The most hyped game of the year is this Saturday (8:00 pm ET on ABC). I figure it deserves its own thread. I've actually been looking forward to this match-up since they first announced it several years ago. It's pretty rare that two of the elite programs play each other in a regular season non-conference game. Both teams have ridiculous amounts of NFL talent. Apparently Beanie Wells is going to play, but who knows how effective he'll be. How do you guys see this game playing out?

2. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I honestly don't know. Ohio State has lots of talent on paper, but after their pitiful performance against Ohio, you can't help but wonder if it doesn't help them outside of the Big 10 (see also: past two national championship games).

I think it has the potential to be an amazing game with tons of highlights both offensively and defensively. It could also turn into a drawn out, low scoring affair. A game like this is hard to predict in my mind. All I know is that if OSU plays like they did against OU, this will be really damn painful for me to watch.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't usually get a chance to watch a lot of College Football games, because they rarely televise games here in my area. But I'll defenitely be watching this game. It should be filled with excitement and intensity.

I believe the Trojans will take the game, the Buckeyes didn't look good against a weaker Ohio team, also I dont believe Wells is at a 100% so who knows what he's going to bring at the table.

But none the less it's going to be a tight entertaining ball game. Looking forward to it.

4. Vincent_Valentine

5. Major

Well that really sucks. I don't see how they'll be able to keep up with USC without Beanie. There just aren't enough playmakers. Hopefully they'll give Pryor more snaps than he got against Ohio.
    ------
    21-3 USC at the half. The biggest difference in the game is Todd Boeckman. He giftwrapped 7 points for USC and stalled a couple promising drives. Pryor has looked great and I wish they'd leave him in there. I have a feeling he'll become the starting QB at some point this season.
    ------
    35-3 final score. Another embarrassing performance against an elite team. I think it's clear that Todd Boeckman just isn't good enough to win a championship. Other than that, the team is really talented and I don't think they played poorly except for a few penalties and a blown coverage. I know Tressel is loyal to his coaching staff, but they really need to replace Heacock and Bollman. They're two of the worst coordinators in college football.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  6. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow yeah what a dominate performance by USC. With no Beanie Wells at RB they really didnt have a chance in this game.

That means by Mizzou Tigers are moving up in the polls...so that's good :)

7. Major

Wells wouldn't even have made a difference. They can't throw the ball with Boeckman at quarterback. It's just painful to watch.

Yeah, they've been impressive, but I don't think they have the defense to compete with teams like USC, Oklahoma, and Florida.

8. Vincent_Valentine

I hate Todd Boeckman. Alot. I hate that man more than I have ever hated anyone in my life. I am looking forward to the next home game so I can just boo him every time he touches the ball.

And yeah, Heacock especially needs to go. That was horrible offensive play calling. What in the blue fuck made him think that doing the exact same shit over and over again would suddenly work?

9. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Yeah you're right about that. You'd think Ohio St would have had a better showing though considering they are ranked #5 in the country. Or were, I guess I should say.

Yeah, we'll see. The defense played pretty good today vs Nevada but we'll see how they do when they play the Big 12. Going to Texas will no doubt be tough. Thankfully we wont have to play Oklahoma until the Big 12 Title game if we get that far.

Chase Daniel is sick though...he's thrown 6 incompletions in two games. Today he threw for 405 yards and 4 TDs and didnt even play the 3rd and 4th quarters. He's a legit Heismann Candidate.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

[​IMG] Sorry about the game Studley. I knew how much it meant to you.