Ohio passes bill to allow guns in bars and restaurants

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Well, any bar fight may or may not be solved with a .44 Magnum. Most if not all concealed and carry license holders take the license and the responsibility of carrying a gun extremely responsibly. This shouldn't change the number of gun related incidents at all, if anything there should be fewer.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
One only needs to look at states where it is legal as opposed to ones where it is not. PA for example allows carry in bars.... hell you can even drink and carry if you choose. If I want to have a cold beer with my steak at dinner, the fact that I have my gun on should not be an issue.

There are no more bar fight shootings in PA then there is in OH. As CO mentioned, it comes down to responsibility. I know my limit, as do other responsible carriers. Even if you can't or don't drink, how does not having a concealed gun in a place that has alcohol in it make anything different?

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Well, there may or may not be more bar fights, but the ones that happen have the potential to be much, much worse. :eek:
Again, not necessarily. Just because they didn't have concealed and carry licenses before people don't go into places like that without a gun?

The same argument was made about Texas when we passed the concealed and carry licenses, that now every auto accident will have the potential to be much much worse. Time as proven that logic to be faulty.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Well, there may or may not be more bar fights, but the ones that happen have the potential to be much, much worse. :eek:
If that was true, then I would have shot my wife long ago. The presence of a gun makes no difference. It is possible to be pissed off and armed. The difference is the pissed off law abiding person knows the difference between right and wrong.