Oh yeah! What has love got to do wiv it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Westy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Westy

Westy Registered Member

Tell me? I love the woman in my life so much it hurts. What has love done for you? Are you in love? Have you got an eye on who you love?

Basically what does love mean to you?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I love my girlfriend, we've been dating for a little over a year and a half now.

To me, love is a lot of things but my girlfriend's mother put it pretty well: Love is when your feelings depend on those of another. Basically, when your loved one is sad, you feel sad with them. When they succeed, you're filled with joy, etc.

3. Westy

Westy Registered Member

My endorsements! I feel the same,. Is she ur soul mate?

4. Merc

I don't believe in 'soul mates' so to say. I don't believe in the idea that there is just one person out there specially designed and made to match you perfectly and him/her vice versa. I believe in compatibility.

5. Westy

Westy Registered Member

When you meet some one? they totally compatable even after everything. Ur soul mate!!

6. Merc

But what do you say to the people who have had multiple highly compatible partners? Surely that defeats the idea of a soul mate, does it not? No one ever reaches 100% compatibility and anyone who says otherwise is living a lie. It's because perfection does not exist.

7. Westy

Westy Registered Member

I say no way!! If u hav a soul mate then u will know ?

8. Merc

How do any of us truly "know" anything?

It all comes down to whether or not you believe in the "gut instinct".

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Tell me? That's not a question. Tell you what?

What has love done for you? Brought me happiness.

Are you in love? Yeah.

Have you got an eye on who you love? Huh?

Basically what does love mean to you? To quote someone I don't know but Syndicate often says it - "Love is the uncontrollable desire to be uncontrollably desired."